SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Discussion - Week Ending 06/09/2007

Still using IBM Corp. 1984 clicky (Part No. 1391401 et. al.) keyboards on my new Core2Duo machines. Found at Goodwill store for $5.

Best. Keyboard. Ever.

Just wish it had a "Windows" key. :D

The AK and HI folks have a nice surprise with this uplink report.

FYI... don't get frustrated if the CSR's don't know anything about these channels. It might take a couple of days for them to be active in their ordering system.

How to read uplink reports?

Can someone explain to me (or direct me to the appropriate literature) how to read these uplink reports?

I've figured out some on my own from reading them over the past couple months, but still like to hear it from an educated source.

Spotbeam maps would be fun.

Sorry if this is already posted, but searching " 'how to read' uplink" doesn't yield much.

I'm surprised no comment about channel 141 spot finally being filled after 10 years of vacancy...

This leaves 102, 104, 125 open (although the latter was probably penciled in for BET-JAZZ years ago)...

and of course 137...

I'm surprised no comment about channel 141 spot finally being filled after 10 years of vacancy...

This leaves 102, 104, 125 open (although the latter was probably penciled in for BET-JAZZ years ago)...

and of course 137...

ESPN ALT has been at 141 before. It has been used in place of 148 which is now ESPNU.

The AK and HI folks have a nice surprise with this uplink report.

FYI... don't get frustrated if the CSR's don't know anything about these channels. It might take a couple of days for them to be active in their ordering system.

These are included with the respective locals package. There are no mapdowns. So, you have to select the channel directly

Looks like they got their local subchannels too. In mpg4 SD.. Nice.. Wish dish could do that for everyone.. including CCSNCHD As well as WCIU HD, WPWRHD, WTTWHD and WGNHD... All missing from the chicago lineup.

digiblur, the report shows some of the AK channels coming from a HI spot-beam.

Varnson, check the EKB for Dish spot beam maps. Also, :welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Actually the report shows the AK channels coming from the AK, HI spotbeam?

If anyone wants the task of labelling all the spotbeams with the respective states they cover let me know.

Does that mean that AK residents can " move " to HI and get those channels, and vice versa ?? :D

No, Alaska is spotbeam 46 and Hawai'i is spotbeam 47. Of course, some of the channels may appear on both spotbeams, but that depends on the actual configuration of the muxs. Someone in Alaska or Hawai'i would be the only one who could check that.

Last edited:
No, that is 112.4 at my house in Iraq! ;) I wont see my house in IL for another 59 or so days. And I will be glad to see my house in IL! :) Just to put it simple. Im tired of being shot at! Other than that nothing much is going on.

59 DAYS. HOW DO YOU SEE OUT OF YOUR BOOTS? Hang in there, your gettin' pretty short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts