SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 01/17/2007 - 350 changes

Does this mean those of us who get locals OTA but don't subscribe to dish locals will now get EPG data??

Does this mean those of us who get locals OTA but don't subscribe to dish locals will now get EPG data??
depends on the box

If you have a box that requires you to subscribe to locals via DIsh to get guide data (like the 622), then no

But if you have say a 811 and dont subscribe to locals, then yes you'll see the data. I have a 811 and dont subscribe to DIsh locals and see the guide for the -1 only for most of the channels

I have A&E on ExpressVU and AT&T Uverse (IPTV) and its not worth the bandwidth.

I would rather see MHD (I want my MHD!)

BTW I am a Tanya Memme fan too. (And shes a Scott fan) (Ok I can WISH can't I?) :D

Attachments

• directv8.jpg
    directv8.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 405
14134 - WBIQ1 added to EchoStar10 110W TP 31 Spotbeam 11 from Monee (Not Available)

Holy hell. PBS HD guide data for Birmingham. Bravo Dish. :up

I have A&E HD on StarChoice, not much is in HD on that channel, except CSI and a few "select" shows and I think its a lot like TNT Stretch-o HD in my opinion. And yes I do believe it is a pure simulcast channel, or at least I haven't noticed any difference.

interesting they moved the distants (NPS ones) to the spots of the old NY & LA spots (241-248)
This means that E* is comfortable that the legal challenge to NPS distants on E* equipment, is now over. Presumably, they kept the NPS distants only one new channel numbers, so they would look as separate as possible. Now they feel they can give NPS the same channel numbers as the old E* distants (which is more convenient for customers, of course).

OK, I'm trying not to get too excited about this but a few (but not all) Cincinnati channels are listed with a Spotbeam assignment. Can we dare to dream that local HD channels are on the way? HD channels started showing up in my TitanTV Dish network grid so maybe they know something...

Once channels are assigned like this, how long has it taken in the past for them to be made available to the subscribers? Since not all the Cincinnati stations are listed (NBC and Fox are missing), I'm assuming it is going to take a while.

Comments from those of you who have gone through this process?

I just found a Wii game today so if this is real, I'd better go get a lotto ticket before my luck changes. :)

// Scott A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts