Satellites received within the US

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Last night, I was able to successfully receive Hispasat 1C & 1D at 30.0 degrees W for the first time. I also receive EchoStar 1 & 2 on the other end at 148 degrees.

My questions are:

1) Does anyone living near PA receive signals from any satellite between Hispasat 1C/D and Amazonas at 61.0 degrees W? I used to receive signals from Amazonas while in FL, but no longer do here in PA. I found a soccer game this weekend somewhere in-between these two satellites, but don't know what satellite I was on.

2) Does anyone living near PA receive signals below EchoStar 1 and 2 at 148 degrees W on the Asia satellite charts?

I've never been able to get as far as 148 due to trees. (I'm at 80 west)

Not too long ago, the neighbors knocked some trees down and cleared the way for Atlantic sats from 58 all the way to 22. It was sweet.

check out lyngsat and see if the sat footprint hits you. any of them that state "conus", stands for continental US. Go from there. Others might be in your neck of the woods (orbit that is) like the spanish and far south america sats, but their beem is not focued on the Northern Hemisphere, so no go with those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)