SatGuys Exclusive: Dish Network answers some VOOM questions

caesar gdi said:
why do people hate two dishes so much??? do you stare at the back of your roof all day long??

to me it's "out of sight, out of mind"

It's not 'people' who hate two dishes, its wives. And after convinceing your wife the the Dish isn't that much of an eyesore and it is a better option than cable, nobody wants to go back to their wife and say, "Honey, we've got to install a second dish", because she'll say, why do we need 2 big ugly dishes when one invisible cable does the same thing?

Why do wives hate two dishes? I dunno. You may as well ask why the sky is blue.

Hey now! The pizza dish is not the same as the big ugly dish, show her the difference :)

Why do they have to make it so complicated? Here's my take...fwiw,

We're all living in the digital age...Sat TV, Cable, Cellular, PC you name it, it's digital.

Why is it that something so simple as Digital TV has to be so damn complicated? This is America. Driven by profit. Supply and demand. Chevy or Ford? Pepsi opr Coke? DSL or Dial-up or hi speed broadband? But not when it comes to your choice in TV? Come on Ergen, Mordoch & Washington!

Cut out the bureaucratic redtape and we'll all benefit.

It's no big mystery that a vast majority of Americans want HDTV. Just about all manufacturers are marketing & pushing HDTV's. Hell, all I want is networks in HD, but due to my locale, I can't get them in HD. Simply let the providers, be it SAT, cable or whoever provide it to us.

It doesn't have to be this damn hard. If your deemed to be living in a digital white area, then your choice of provider should then be allowed to give you that service. Simple enough. If everyone is all put on a level playing field, then everyone would benefit.

"Survival of the deepest pockets" isn't that what capitalism is all about?

Back on topic. Cablevision needs to pull the plug and put an end to VOOM. The poor Voomer's are suffering from rampant rumors and wholesale denial. Many of the speculations being floated defy rational logic. Reminds me of days after IBM announced they would discontinue OS/2. :no

NightRyder

what will dish do with rainbow sat.

Lets say that Dish uses the rainbow bird to expand their HD offerings. How will the signal get to my 811 seeing how the Voom bird is oriented almost 90degrees offline from the direction my current dish points? I have both services and there is no way my Dish dish is gonna pic up the rainbow signal. :confused:

how will Dish use rainbow bird?

Lets say that Dish uses the rainbow bird to expand their HD offerings. How will the signal get to my 811 seeing how the Voom bird is oriented almost 90degrees offline from the direction my current dish points? I have both services and there is no way my Dish dish is gonna pic up the rainbow signal.
Edit/Delete Message. :confused:

deno24 said:
Lets say that Dish uses the rainbow bird to expand their HD offerings. How will the signal get to my 811 seeing how the Voom bird is oriented almost 90degrees offline from the direction my current dish points? I have both services and there is no way my Dish dish is gonna pic up the rainbow signal.
Edit/Delete Message. :confused:

Just add the proper switches and use the V* dish that you already have. This is how your 811 will see the V* bird :), unless of course E* uses MPEG4 for all channels coming from the V* bird :( , but then if needed you will likely get a Free new replacement HD receiver from E*:) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts