SatHawk pvr800 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elliswr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Texas
Okay, so finally got the SatHawk in. When the Pansat 9200 Died, the dish was at 101W. I unhooked the Pansat, hooked up the SatHawk making sure to connect the power last and turned her on.

First thing, upgraded the firmware with the latest from Sadoun (June 2010). Next, went to the Sat list and selected all the Ku band dishes. Went to Antenna setup on G19 and set the lnb to 10750, Motor type to USALS, and then selected motor settings. Put in my Lat & Long. Attempted to set limits, but the dish never seems to make it to the Reference Point.

Going back to antenna setup to see the signal on the different sats, I select a few sats. It says motor moving and after an apporpriate amount of time the message goes away and a signal pops up. But it's always 45% signal 5% quality. This satellite was picking up all the sats I can get at my location before.

Any insight to this?

Thanks,
Wes

Is the motor really moving the dish when the screen says motor moving? If yes then it looks like the motor isnt stoping at the correct place! try moving the dish a few degrees E/W with the remote to see if that gets you a lock.Unless your just about dead on the satellite you will get a Q of only 5.

Somewhere I read a report that other people were having trouble with new firmware from Sadoun's site, but I haven't verified it because I haven't downloaded firmware from there in ages. I always use the European firmware just for the sake of being current, even though they say they're only fixing encryption bugs you never know what else might happen to get changed. That, and I don't rely on anyone to provide a North American satellite list, I long ago built my own because I thought the default naming convention was seriously ugly.

Ellis, I don't use Usals with mine so can't help you there...Disecq works better for me. I didn't set any limits until I was done scanning everything in. I can look out the window and watch my dishes move which helps. Also you set your lnb setting at 10750...did you set the port to port 1? etc...Also make sure your on a live transponder. Mine had a lot of live ones already programmed in. Hope that helps...Blind

Ill bet your dish isnt moving at all.go look and see if the power lite is on on the motor.I had the same problem . I changed the File to another and all is well. The one i used is ( NM_HDS2_CMT_1101030405_CW.abs ) Dont forget to Dump the original File to a thumb drive or your PC just in case things go wrong.

Thanks Chichwalla. Took a while to find, but I found the file you referred to. Menu is more like the older SatHawk file, but with a fruity looking white unicorn in the background. At any rate, Deleted all the Euro Sats and manually added G19. Success! Now, is there a way to import the sat list I dumped from the sadoun file into this openbox?

Also, there's no audio on any channel. I am sending video to the TV via HDMI. Shouldn't audio be going over the same line? I don't see HDMI as an option in digital audio output.

Last edited:
Dump it to a thumb drive and use the USB in the rear of the Openbox. goto Menu..Tools and wait for the usb to light up.then goto Upgrde by USB .choose the file . Then start .Exit then goto Remove usb device safely.....As for your sound stuff and HDMI i have no clue about that stuff .Im just learning this in the past few days .GL..

Also, there's no audio on any channel. I am sending video to the TV via HDMI. Shouldn't audio be going over the same line? I don't see HDMI as an option in digital audio output.

Under 'System Setup', go to 'TV System', and try setting the 'Digital Audio Out' option to 'LPCM Out'.

Okay, it was the firmware, near as I can tell. I tried many different versions of firmware that I found on various sites. Some actually moved the dish, but didn't have audio. Others just didn't move the dish. Until I go my hands on one named HDS2_America.abs (actually version HDS2-10-11-08:1026CM). Now I am up and running, and I will make sure to back up this firmware and the channel list. Thanks to everyone who tired to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)