SatHero Downloads ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

irascible51

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Northern New York
Greetings all,

Yup, I bought the cheapskate and bought from China. I can't get the Western side of the world satellites. All satellites from the other side of the world. Hardly able to communicate. I had to get the old Windows 7, Comm 1, RS232, okay. But how do I get the download to this side of world. RS232 to Serial via USB o.k. Where do I proceed. can't get SatHero to communicate. BIN Files ??

Thank you all for any assistance,

Robert P.

Yes, if you don't get your Sathero from Sathero or an authorized dealer you will have to manually put in the NA sats. My Windows 10 machine works fine with RS232. I have not tried a USB-RS-232 adapter on the Sathero. It must be an older design, the newer ones are all USB, drag and drop.

Reactions: Comptech
Yes, if you don't get your Sathero from Sathero or an authorized dealer you will have to manually put in the NA sats. My Windows 10 machine works fine with RS232. I have not tried a USB-RS-232 adapter on the Sathero. It must be an older design, the newer ones are all USB, drag and drop.

I wish that I had drag and drop too. What to do in the meantime....shortest fix?

Thanks for your look here,

Robert P.

Apologies for my numbnest but I have no instructions for this SatHero. Yeah, how do I even do the manual installation of North America satellites.

Thank you,

Bob P.
Still waiting for a boat anchor hardly able to keep (I think) the thing battery charged. No North American satellites reliable from here yet. Please help. Somebody else has gotten to have purchased one of these. Only Sats from China side of the world.

Still waiting for a boat anchor hardly able to keep (I think) the thing battery charged. No North American satellites reliable from here yet. Please help. Somebody else has gotten to have purchased one of these. Only Sats from China side of the world.
I don't have a SatHero myself but maybe post up a picture of the SatHero and some of the menu screens and also what model number it is and someone may be able to walk you through it.

Please help. Somebody else has gotten to have purchased one of these.
From the SatHero website:
These files may NOT be freely distributed and may NOT be modified in any way.
The above is why you not see files posted here. The website is posted above. Be careful loading in a file into a clone. There is a risk of bricking it.

Do this, forget what name or orbital slot the unit is telling you it is. It does not matter as far a aiming your dish goes. Pick one of them though and manually enter a good known transponder. Make sure the LO is set correctly and go aim your dish! :)

I have the sathero 200HD. I love it. Been using it for years.. I find it easy to just manually enter the TP. The download typically don't have the latest TP's any way. Especially with the Cband migration of 5g, I'm not too sure a north American download will have much value.

Reactions: JFOK and FTA4PA
Hello I have to agree with iBoston I have the 500HD, sometimes it wants to act funny, but I just mainly do a manual entry and also use the blind scan.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I don't have a SatHero myself but maybe post up a picture of the SatHero and some of the menu screens and also what model number it is and someone may be able to walk you through it.
I'm working on the pics (or my wife is I should say). The Model is a SH-200HD. The bar code number is SKUA73275-20709150

Thank You,

Bob Petersen

Sat Hero SH200HD

Attachments

• IMG_0956 (1).JPG
    IMG_0956 (1).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0959 (1).jpg
    IMG_0959 (1).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 224
Greetings all,

Yup, I bought the cheapskate and bought from China. I can't get the Western side of the world satellites. All satellites from the other side of the world. Hardly able to communicate. I had to get the old Windows 7, Comm 1, RS232, okay. But how do I get the download to this side of world. RS232 to Serial via USB o.k. Where do I proceed. can't get SatHero to communicate. BIN Files ??

Thank you all for any assistance,

Robert P.
Apologies for my numbnest but I have no instructions for this SatHero. Yeah, how do I even do the manual installation of North America satellites.
Thank you,
Bob P.
If this is a Chinese knock-off of the SatHero 200HD and not an original there is no guarantee this will work but it appears everything you need to update the satellite list in it to North America is here:

User manual, instructions, operating software and tools: SH-200HD Downloads

And here:

TP Lists: Sathero Meters TP List Downloads

I can't comment any further on how to do it as I have no experience with these. Hopefully someone can walk you through it if additional help is needed. Good luck! :)

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)