Satillete direction

gwdave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
CT
OK, guys..... I will be setting up my dish in camp grounds. Now my question is weather there is a Eastern arc set for my 500 dish or am I tied to 110/119 only...... I know a camp site that we like there is a pretty high tree line on the western side of the grounds that shields the campers from the late day sun..... With my dish set at an azimuth of 247 degrees I am not sure I will be able to clear the trees for a signal....... We have not gone camping yet this year as I have had to get some work done to the house after the long tough winter we have had in New England.... I was hoping to go over Memorial day however after spending so much money we have to wait until pay day...........

OK, guys..... I will be setting up my dish in camp grounds. Now my question is weather there is a Eastern arc set for my 500 dish or am I tied to 110/119 only...... I know a camp site that we like there is a pretty high tree line on the western side of the grounds that shields the campers from the late day sun..... With my dish set at an azimuth of 247 degrees I am not sure I will be able to clear the trees for a signal....... We have not gone camping yet this year as I have had to get some work done to the house after the long tough winter we have had in New England.... I was hoping to go over Memorial day however after spending so much money we have to wait until pay day...........
VIP receiver needed for EA. 77 is only needed if you get locals from there or some Spanish programming.

I have a vip 211K receiver with a 500 dish. If I am understanding you right, I tell the setup that I am pointing a 1000.4 dish?????? Get the settings for the zip then point the dish accordingly....... I have a dish on the roof right not that is pointed at 61.5, 72, & 77 for all HD programing..... My 500 is in my trailer that I will be taking on the road..... If I get HD, or Locals, I don't really care I just want more than 2 stations that are in Spanish (which I don't speak)......... I have an aiming program in my CELL (Droid) that tells me if I can see the satellites with no obstructions, however that is all it really does. I have tried to use it during the day, however in the bright sun you/I can't see the screen that well, at night it is great..........

The difference between 61.5, 72.7 and 110, 119 is too great, even changing the skew and elevation will not let a dpp twin pick up both 61.5 and 72.7. You'll likely get one or the other, most likely 61.5. You need to point to 110,119 or get an ea dish for your camper.

Sent from my HTC EVO Shift 4G using SatelliteGuys.

Like I said.

Not the "best" solution, but it DOES work. I suspect a 500 will always be easier to aim than a 1000.4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)