SatMex 5 near Seattle? Any chance to get it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish_in_the_sky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Taking the SatMex Ku Americas footprint, it shows the 43 dBw contour about at the southern border of Washington state.

I'm near Seattle; extrapolating the contours suggests a 38-40 dBw signal there.

Any chance of getting a readable signal with a 36" dish and TechSat Tracker 0.3 dB LNBF? The satellite azimuth is ~172.7 deg. (geographic) and el. is 34.8 deg, which help with short rain path and low sky/terrestrial noise pickup.

Pete there is 5 Chinese channels there ITC and the OP mentioned in another thread he is looking for Chinese channels

Iceberg said:
Pete there is 5 Chinese channels there ITC and the OP mentioned in another thread he is looking for Chinese channels

Not picking them up here! Will scan again :)

14 channels, 6 ITC (If you count black screen)

Signal Quality 70% 36" dish and Invacom LNBF

Last edited:
No go with a 36" in Seattle!

I can get 2 transponders, both HughesNET, no channels scan at all. I remember the transponders I can get are 11799 at Q of 45 and 11919 at Q of 55-60. These are solid lock, the Buzz will give a good picture at Q of 25-30 on DVB signals.

Everything else is ZIP, ZILCH, NADA. 12080 is Q of 0 no matter what I do. Nudge dish, nudge arm, tweak skew, bend dish a little to max out Qual on the 11799/11919 transponders. It "ain't happening." The qual didn't even show a 1 (and the Buzz receiver will show a Qual of 1 on a weak signal.)

RATS....:( I'll probably need a 1.2m or bigger dish to get these. Not likely to happen, too many other things to do and to throw $$$ and time at.

I DO have IA 5, G3, G13 and G10 solid. My stepfather is getting the World Cup games no problem and likes CCTV4.

I have the E* birds and a few others also but no Amazonas. E*3 I have weak (probably my motor angle is very slightly off, only a problem at the very end of the arc.) No time to dial that in, my wife doesn't want me spending more time than this on it.

I think you guys are in Minnesota.

In Minn., the signal is 43 dBw; in Seattle it is ~39 dBw. This makes all the difference.

dish_in_the_sky said:
In Minn., the signal is 43 dBw; in Seattle it is ~39 dBw. This makes all the difference.

correct
but even a 43 is hard to pick up. You would need a bigger dish

dish_in_the_sky said:
I can get 2 transponders, both HughesNET, no channels scan at all. I remember the transponders I can get are 11799 at Q of 45 and 11919 at Q of 55-60. These are solid lock, the Buzz will give a good picture at Q of 25-30 on DVB signals.

Everything else is ZIP, ZILCH, NADA. 12080 is Q of 0 no matter what I do. Nudge dish, nudge arm, tweak skew, bend dish a little to max out Qual on the 11799/11919 transponders. It "ain't happening." The qual didn't even show a 1 (and the Buzz receiver will show a Qual of 1 on a weak signal.)

I have the E* birds and a few others also but no Amazonas. E*3 I have weak (probably my motor angle is very slightly off, only a problem at the very end of the arc.) No time to dial that in, my wife doesn't want me spending more time than this on it.

Up here in Calgary.....

My experience with SatMex 5 Ku is similar to yours but I only get one HughesNet transponder at ~35% on a Pansat 2500 with a 90cm dish (My arc is acceptable but not perfect due to a slightly nonplumb mount). Excellent quality on C-band (3m dish) though,but that doesn't help you.

Amazonas Ku and Pas 9 Ku are quite strong for me so a bit of tweaking should bring them in for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)