Satmex 6 problems with passing acp

mikeroberson2006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
anyone have any suggestions on getting satmex 6 to pass acp without trying to tweek the dish for an hour? 9 times out of 10 i end up calling tech support to have them switch the satellite on the account to Horizons where i always get a passing number without effort

ACP test

Hi mikeroberson2006,
On satmex 6 your dish should be skew to about 58-60 you should have a signal level of about 94-96 take your laptop outside and do a manual acp test and slightly move the dish skew,which has four nut right below
the dish,in small increment until your acp is about 98-100.
If all this doesn't work find the updater for your modem 6000 or 7000 and update it and remember to write down your setting first because you need to put them in back after you update its DWfallup updater....

eliang:up

ACP test

Hi, mikeroberson2006,
First of all though mike the post that the dish is on has to be perfectly plum with a level okay,and skew means the dish rotates on the stand the lnb should sit at about 3:eek:clock when its skewed 58-60deg.the four nut just slacken the lightly and spray some wd40 so the dish will turn sweet...

Eliang:up

Hi Todd Humphery,
I,m in the caribbean Todd and he's saying satmex 6 so he's talking about a 7000 modem and dish i,ve had the same issues i do one of the two and one works or the other sometimes... some other time it takes alittle while tooooo....

Thanks
eliang:p

6 or7000 modem

Hey mikeroberson2006,
I didn't even asked what modem you have,cause 6000 is on satmex5
and 7000 is on satmex6 and that also is different it has to be HN7000s for satmex6.DW7000 works on satmex5.So please give us all the info....

Thanks
eliang:up

Nothing we tell you can help with an ACP issue. The only modem update I am aware of for the HN system is for commissioning on transponders with DVB-S2 "which will not help". Experience is the key to getting ACP levels suitable.

updater

Hi The Tate,
Not a bad question,but if you put DW7000 Fallback Updater in google and search you'll find a program that resets your modem to like factory but you have to save your setting or write them down so you can punch the back in cause it wipes your modem clean its out there because im telling you i had the same issue,just yesterday and did it and the acp error went away the dw7000 works better with sat at 1230 mhz stronger signal level try
it and post your finding bro....

thanks
eliang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)