Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Some folks have asked if there is more information available on the SatPros DSR-500.

Here is the Owners Manual, Channel Editor and Brochure.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• SatEdit2006.zip
    550.4 KB · Views: 302
  • SATPROS_DSR-500S_Brochure.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 351
  • Satpros DSR-500_Owners Manual.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 438
cool

Thanks.
Good work.
Sorry, but SatelliteAV won't be able to provide our normal outstanding technical support for these units at this blowout price.
We appreciate your efforts. :cool:

I'll be looking forward to my receiver in a few days.
With so many SatGuys getting them, I'm sure we'll come up with most of the answers to make 'em play.

Last edited:
We have made a terrible mistake. The Satpros DSR-500s does not have Power Scan (Blind Scan). We had been incorrectly told that it had blind scan then I did not properly test the unit to confirm.

We have shipped all of the receivers today and we will offer full money back to anyone who wishes not to purchase the unit. We will recall the FedEx package and instantly refund all charges to your Credit Card or PayPal.

My most humble apology to everyone in the Group. We will make this mistake right by all who wish a refund on the receiver!

Thanks SatelliteAV for letting us know and making it right! I will be keeping mine as it will be the perfect setup for G10/IA7 setup in my wife's home office :)

This owner's manual is better than the one that came with my DSR 500s.
I didn't know anything about the satedit program either. How do I use this channel editor?

on our own

Since SatAV doesn't normally sell this unit, and has said he cannot support it, I believe we should start our own support thread for dealing with setup, configuration, and the editor program.
If we do, maybe he will offer us the next good deal that crosses his desk, instead of remembering what a pain in the @$$ this one turned out to be. :cool:

I tell you what, Satellite AV really stood behind their services. Don't you think? I just got thru sending them a private message letting them know how well they handled this situation. I asked them to explain to me how to use this Channel Editor. What does it do?
Does anyone know how to use the channel editprs? I got a Channel Master Channel Editor but never used it.
Anole, that is a good idea about starting a thread on the DSR 500s. Maybe one should be started with all the off the wall FTA receivers that is out there and folks need extra help!

i use a channel editor for my coolsat it has a bisic editor or you can import it into CM... now actually i perfer the basic editor from coolsat . easier is better for me. the CM has a lot of bells & whistles though .... but IMO a channel editor is the way to go to clean up and arrange your sats and channels.

Since SatAV doesn't normally sell this unit, and has said he cannot support it, I believe we should start our own support thread for dealing with setup, configuration, and the editor program.
If we do, maybe he will offer us the next good deal that crosses his desk, instead of remembering what a pain in the @$$ this one turned out to be. :cool:

I'm in. Let me know what I can do....mine is supposed to be here Wednesday 3/14.:up

Pain in the a$$? NOT in mine! I got a nice CHEAP receiver coming! I can't see how you can go wrong with a $37 receiver - blind scan or not! We got a GREAT deal, and I am sure he is not making much if anything at all on these. THANKS again SatelliteAV for the AWESOME deal!

QUOTE: "If we do, maybe he will offer us the next good deal that crosses his desk, instead of remembering what a pain in the @$$ this one turned out to be. "

no good deed goes unpunished...

...and SatAV is paying for his kindness.

I was just talking about this turning into a pain for -him-.
The less trouble we make it for him, the more likely we'll be remembered next time.

After all , we have the combined resources here on the forum of a whole team of researchers and experimenters, as well as seasoned users.
We'll make 'em work.

upload manual

Kind of a trivial manual, but it's well done.
Just two pages, PDF
Shows how to upload firmware to the Satpros
Just remember to use (or make) a null-modem cable.
Works dandy.

Attachments

• Download Manual.pdf
    88 KB · Views: 285
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts