Sattelite 119 degradation

TMaud

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
I live in NH and I have been having a problem with my 119 signal for a couple months now. The 110 signal is fine. Many times when I try to watch a channel on the 119, the system has trouble acquiring lock. If I then go to the Point Dish screen and set the sattelite to 119 and the transponder to the cahnnel I want to watch, I can see there is a signal but it bounces around from locked to unlocked. When locked the signal is usually around 46. At that point, I'll press done to exit the point dish screen and ,most times, and I'll get a picture. I tried retuning the dish but that didn't help. I spoke to someone else who has also noticed a degradation in the 119 signal. Is anyone else in the NH area experiencing the same problem. I thought I might have interfearance, but it worked fine until just recently. What else could it be?

Thanks

A signal of only 46 is at the level of on or off. In other words 47 would be a picture and 45 would not and 46 is not usually lockable.
I had that problem on 129 transponder 22 until my installer came back on peaked in the dish 1000 using 129 as the alignment lnb.
Now it will go to 59 and that is good enough for a clear day but can crap out on a hazzy day.

Dish isnt aimed properly. You should have around 100 on the 119 satellite or even higher. I have 115 on a couple transponders

sounds like dish got knocked out of whack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts