Sattelite 129

Foyd Zimmerman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
After complaining to E about the signal strength on the 129 satellite. Three different installers have tried to get a decent signal on the HD Voom channels. The best they can come up with is a ss 60. I'm getting plenty of lock ups even in clear sky's. I've complained to E and they tell me there isn't a problem with the 129 Satellite. I like my E but I hope they can fix this problem.
Floyd "Zoom Zoom" Zimmerman

At 60 it shouldnt lock up, the 129 sat is a weaker signal but at 60 you should have no lockups so it can be that there is another problem in the system. I recently had a 625 that would pixelate like mad and loose signal on the 121 transponder 2 with a signal of %93. I replaced the lnbf, switch, and then decided to try another receiver and boom it was good.

Van
I just installed a new 211 receiver. I have watched the signal and it will go from a ss 60 and drop to a 34 where it will loose the 129 satellite and start searching for a new satellite. At that time it will lock on to the 105 satellite tp 1. When I click on the 129 sattelite it will return to the 60ss. Do I have a receiver problem? Who can I make aware of this problem?
Floyd "Zoom Zoom" zimmerman

Call up to dish and ask to talk to someone in advanced tech support, explain to them what is going on in detail and what you have said here so far. This problem can indicate that you either have a receiver that is failing or there is an issue with the lnbf or switch if there is one. Its comparable to having 3 people of normal equal strength but one is suffering from the flue so he isnt able to perform properly though does to a limited degrea. The advanced tech will schedule another service call but make sure that you explain to him that you want a supervisor this time or you will be cancelling service as you have already missed 3 days of work on the three previous calls. A seperate dish is not going to resolve the issue so much as it will alter the astethics of the customers home.

Oh and yes you do have a problem Foyd, the signal should at worst only flucuate 2 points on a normal clear day, otherwise it will stay locked.

Issues with 129

Foyd, I don't know where you are but this is a well known issue with 129 in the Pacifc North West and along the West coast. I have had my receiver replaced, my lnb's replaced, had a dish 300 installed and now have a dish 500 pointed at 129 all to no avail. I can receive the 129 on the dish 500 only on a clear day. The signal still drops but not enough to lose lock. I have talked with Dish Tech support and the executive office and they both refuse to admit there is a problem. I'm imagine they are preparing for the class action lawsuit that is sure to come.

There is nothing wrong with the receiver or lnb. This is a problem with Echostar 5 here in the West Coast and specially the Pacific Northwest. Search the forum and there are several threads talking about it. Let's just hope E* does something about it soon.

Thanks to all that replied to my problem. I can see I'm not he only on with this situation. Yes I'm in the Pacific N.W. on the OR coast
Floyd

Van said:
Oh and yes you do have a problem Foyd, the signal should at worst only flucuate 2 points on a normal clear day, otherwise it will stay locked.

Van obviously does not live on the west coast. The receiver/switch/lnb is not the problem. EchoStar V is the problem. My 942 dips 30 points randomly everyday like what Mr. Zimmerman is explaining. I've seen almost every model receiver locked on 129 with multiple lnb's and switches. They all do it. There is nothing nobody can do. Last I heard executive management at E* now has their eyeballs on this problem as they are getting feedback daily from west coast offices. Do not call tech support, do not schedule service/trouble calls because nothing can be done right now unless you want a gigantic dish in your yard.

RandallA said:
There is nothing wrong with the receiver or lnb. This is a problem with Echostar 5 here in the West Coast and specially the Pacific Northwest. Search the forum and there are several threads talking about it. Let's just hope E* does something about it soon.

Why doesn't Dish just use the 148 satellite for a mirror for all hd programming that is on the 61.5 and 129 sat? They could even do west coast locals in hd if they wanted to.

That way they could do the 61.5 sat and a dish 500 for the east coast areas that can't see 129 well. They could do the 129 Dish 1000 for the central part of the country and they could do the 148 sat and a dish500 for the West coast areas that can't see the 129 sat. At least untill they can get a stronger satellite up in place of the 129 sat that is up there now.

What is the difference anyway between the east coast needing a side sat dish and the west coast needing a side sat dish? I know they want to eliminate the side sat dish but come on they can do this at least temporarily until they have another solution.

I loved when I had the dish pointed to 61.5, but was missing my HD LILs... 129 is a giant POS... Echo X is up and they are testing it, it's now april & the big HD promo has begun, they'll remedy this situation soon.

I had some serious issues trying to get 129 in tonight. I was trying to get it on a smaller dish and get it off of the larger dish but now I cannot get it on either one. It was cloudy when I started though and it started raining a little and still couldnt get it in on the small or big dish. It kept downpouring harder and harder and I had to give up and now I have to go back when it is a clear day to get the signal back in. I will NEVER try to get 129 in again unless there is no bad weather in the forecast. I forgot to check the weather and didnt think the rain was going to move in until the next day. It will have to be a clear day before I reattempt this.

I am very shocked that there are no more complaints than this in regards to 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)