Satzen z500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i have tried the satzen 300 before....it blind scans okay but it really is a hack box....freezes up once in awhile and i needed to reboot from the back....in my opinion they are very poor quality receivers they are just produced for hacking....youi would be better off spending a bit more on a TRUE HD receiver....

Does anyone know if this is good for FTA or is it just a hack box?

Description says it blind scans & upverts SD to HD:D

Thanks

MANY devices "up-convert". That means nothing. It WOULD mean something if there were a rating system created to somehow gauge the conversion accuracy.

MANY devices "up-convert". That means nothing. It WOULD mean something if there were a rating system created to somehow gauge the conversion accuracy.

actually the Satzen 500 converts SD to 1080i HD display....

it even has an HDMI output....

Not saying it doesn't. Just saying that advertising on various video devices about up-converting doesn't tell you how good the quality of up-conversion is.
The difference can easily be seen on any computer. Just scale a picture to a larger size with quality software like Photoshop, then do the same size conversion with a crummy piece of software like Paint. BOTH do the conversion, but that doesn't mean one isn't better.

Not saying it doesn't. Just saying that advertising on various video devices about up-converting doesn't tell you how good the quality of up-conversion is.
The difference can easily be seen on any computer. Just scale a picture to a larger size with quality software like Photoshop, then do the same size conversion with a crummy piece of software like Paint. BOTH do the conversion, but that doesn't mean one isn't better.

i dont really think that is a good or fair comparison....that is like comparing 480i to 1080i....1080i IS 1080i any way you slice it....there are not any good or bad 1080i displays....1080i is a good quality picture....

There are huge differences between the quality of up-conversion depending on the device. That's what I was talking about.

There are huge differences between the quality of up-conversion depending on the device. That's what I was talking about.

i agree with you there if a resolution is not specified....but when it IS specified like in this case you know exactly what quality of picture to expect....1080i

Thanks guy's.
I am looking for a better picture then my old Coolsat 5000 can produce, but don't really want to sacrifice blind scan features. It does a terrific job, but the picture quality is a little drab & I have to change over my surround receiver for AC3.

I was looking at AZBox, but I hear that the blind scan was hideously slow & misses many.

I saw this Satzen & it looked very intriguing because of the upversion to 1080...I honestly new nothing about this box & was wondering if anyone tried it. I guess let's face it Coolsat use to be a hack box, but today it's one of the best FTA boxes around. I didn't want to fault Satzen right off the bat if they are good, but reading a few posts, it sounds like my money might be better spent elsewhere. And I guess, like it or not I am right back to square one.

I'm happy to come to a place & get some honest opinions from the sat community :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts