Saved a 1.8M ChannelMaster from the gates of Hell

Status
Please reply by conversation.

caddata

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 8, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
She was on her way to spend the rest of her life in that "Great Scrap Yard in the Sky" but I was able to commuter her life sentence.

Saw a 1.8M ChannelMaster that had been plucked from the roof of my neighborhood T-Mobile store while the building was being re-roofed. It sat there for two weeks, after the job was finished so I asked the manager what his plans were for it. He was upset because a local scrap metal merchant hadn't yet come to pick it up. Told him I wasn't interested in the non-penetrating roof mount but I'd take the dish home with me. He said "Take it.", so I did.

Electronics have been removed so now I have no reference as to the exact location of the focal point. If someone on the board has one of these monsters, I'd appreciate the two dimensions noted on the attached PDF file.

Thanks,
Harold

Attachments

• ChannelMaster_1_8M_Focal_Distance.pdf
    25.9 KB · Views: 405
That drawing looks like the Prodelin 6' dish a number of the guys have.
Are you saying you have only the molded dish, and absolutely none of the mounting hardware?

Also, did you see Linuxman's thread ?
Has dimensions in it for focal length and height of LNB above the LNB mounting arm.

edit:
I'm pretty sure the model with the side support arms is just a more recent one.
The dishes without LNB support struts seem to be the older model.
Measurements for FL and LNB location.
Find the elevation of the dish.

Hi Harold,

Nice save!!!

It will be a great dish.

I don't have the specs on a Channel Master dish, but I did find Andrews Corporation contact info.

Customer Support Center
1315 Industrial Park Drive
Smithfield, NC 27577 USA
Telephone +1-919-989-2205

When I called Prodelin, they were very helpful in getting me as much information as they had on my old dish.

Give it a try, they might have what you need. :)

After calling the above number and sifting through another dozen numbers, I finally got a guy who knows what he is talking about.

The support arms are still available for that dish and can be purchased for around $20.00 from ASC/Andrews corporation.

PM Sent concerning phone number and extension of this contact. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)