Saved Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GRExpert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
I have a series set up to record all episodes and keep a maximum of 15. This works great as it deletes the oldest. However, is there a way to force the system to keep one of the episodes within the grouping? There was one episode that my son really likes and I would like to save that one permanently? Can this be done? Thanks!

I have a series set up to record all episodes and keep a maximum of 15. This works great as it deletes the oldest. However, is there a way to force the system to keep one of the episodes within the grouping? There was one episode that my son really likes and I would like to save that one permanently? Can this be done? Thanks!
Transfer it to an EHD, otherwise I don't believe so.

Still no protect P showing on the recording when I edit and select protect. When I select a protected recording to delete, it still deletes it and doesn't stay protected. It used to not delete, even if you did select it and you had to unprotect to delete it.This protect feature was in an older software option but hasn't been seen since last spring or earlier.

From my understanding, is that it is only supposed to stop automatic deletion when you hit the recording count limit. I don't believe it was ever supposed to stop the ability to manually delete it. I may be wrong but that's what I remember.

It used to provide a popup that said put in your pass code to delete it. This was to remind you that you chose to protect it and to think twice before you deleted it. It works that way on the 722k if I remember right. It hasn't worked that way since they lost the P for protection in the software on the hopper last spring around the same time as we lost the ota sub channel name based recording. We got the name based recording back for ota sub channels but did not get the Protect feature back. I've had a hopper since 2012 and this is one thing that bothers me. Anyone in my house can delete my recordings I have "saved" without any code or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts