Saving Comcast Pay per View Moives on your DVR

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Has anyone figured out a way to save purchased pay per view movies on your DVR? I used to do this with DISH but seem to be NO WAY with Comcast. I don't want to pirate movies or anything like that, it was just nice to have them on the DVR for watching at a later date.

Don't think it is possible, mostly because I don't think PPV actually is stored on the local HDD.

note that PPV does not have the same level of control that save programs do. You only get 1 FF speed and pause. It also takes seconds for the pause to actually work. What is saved on your local machine is the authorization. The actual movie is streamed down from the server

I can have a PPV movie saved on my DIRECTV DVR for days or weeks before I decide to watch it, it's got nothing to do with the greedy studios.

Once I start watching it I only have 24 hours to watch the entire movie. I can't stop in the middle and watch the rest of the movie 2 days later.

I can have a PPV movie saved on my DIRECTV DVR for days or weeks before I decide to watch it, it's got nothing to do with the greedy studios.

Once I start watching it I only have 24 hours to watch the entire movie. I can't stop in the middle and watch the rest of the movie 2 days later.

Satellite PPV is a completely different animal. They download to your hard disc during periods on non use. Comcast keeps PPV on a central server and streams it when you order it on a dedicated channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)