Saving money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
I need to downsize a little bit to save money. Gonna go back to a basic package with SD only. Will Directv help me with this? Tried a while back and they said they couldn't take off the HD channels because I have a HD DVR and Ka Ku dish. I know I can use that equipment and get only SD channels so what's the deal? I don't want to have to buy new boxes just to switch.

That's a good question about the HD dish. Since I'm receiving Std as well as HD channels I assume that your dish would work ok with HD's disabled.

Do you have that 2-year contract issue that may complicate things with removing HD subscriptions?

I don't believe the commitment is based on the subscription level. I see no reason why DirecTV would prevent you from dropping to SD only. It might be their policy to keep the HD active.

Call again until you get a CSR that knows what they are doing. You may have to go up to a supervisor. What they might do is offer you $x off for 6 months.

The 5 LNB dish is totally compatible with SD only reception.

If you drop HD, they'll want the HD receivers back, if they are leased. You might be able to get a decent deal on changing the receivers out for SD ones. Best bet is call, explain that you need to cut back, and see what they offer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.