Says DVR offline, while it is not. Cannot watch Dishonline on desktops

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kat3c

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
florida
I just got the 922 last week. Connecting via my iPod and Android phone to watch live TV and DVR using Remote Access app has been fine, but on multiple desktops at multiple locations, trying to use Dishonline, it always says the DVR is offline. On the guide, sometimes it has a "record show" button when I click on the listing, sometimes not, but I can't watch it (no "watch" button). Very frustrating. The DVR is definitely online, I try resetting the 922, the home network, etc. No go.

O.K., talk about frustrating. For no particular reason, I just tried it again, and now it connects. Shows DVR recordings, am now installing slingplayer for the browser. Sigh. Why? And will it stop working again? Anyone else have similar problems.

not working now, same desktop

Now I stopped viewing that DVR recording, went to guide, and couldn't watch anything. Went back to DVR, says it's offline again.

That's great, but they don't say "TV EVERYWHERE".... as long as you have an Iphone.
This is really getting to me. I just upgraded from the 922 because the sling never worked. I got the Hopper and paid for the sling adapter and was ready to go. No luck.... This REALLY gets me big time. I have an old stand alone HD SlingBox on the same network and it works like gang busters. Why cant they fix this?? ITS BEEN YEARS!! and we still let them get away with it. I really dont think they car about their customers once they have you in their hooks and know you cant get away. But they still advertise the have TV Everywhere and people dont know they really dont until they have signed on the line. WE need to let the people that want to use this feature that it doesn't exist!! Help spread the word.

You can also get different results if you use dish.sling.com and ignore the pop up saying it is better to use dishonline.com.

I find dish.sling.com usually works better.

The 922 unfortunately has lost all priority with Dish when it comes to fixing bugs. In fact it has gotten much buggier the last 2 software updates. Hopefully they will address some of the bugs one day. Right now, you probably will have a better chance with the Hopper. At least they have people working to fix the Hopper bugs.

The problem is with DishOnline. My experience just as the OP's and many others. There are other recent and fresh threads about the never ending NOT operational and UNfunctional DishOnline. Some say they have better luck at Dish Remote Access.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)