sbc 2wire mediaportal

sdsumann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
What ever happened to this wonderful box. It looked so promising. They have it set up at CES and Scott said it was about ready for primetime. Next thing we know SBC is limiting their exposure to dish, Charlie said that “we are working with SBC to see a way to make the relationship work for us both” there have been questions in regards to who owns you as a customer. Has this box fallen as collateral damage?

Are they testing it with MPEG4 is that the delay? I need this box asap, The 522 is great but I need this box.

SBC is limiting their exposure to Dish because of this box.

Because the box can do MPEG4 they are waiting for Dish to begin the Rollout of MPEG 4 before they start deploying them in the field.

They are coming. :) And they are nice receivers. :)

was dish upset with sbc for coming up with this box and making their boxes look terriable?

I wonder whether there will be an upgrade path from the 522 to this box?

Assuming, that is, that it can support 2 SD TVs, or I buy HD by then.

I waited a few months, then finally signed with SBC in July.

that is a big question. Are they going to let you upgrade and if so how much?
What will be the per month fee on this box? There is still a lot of questions to be answered.

I thought it was now a definite thing. They changed the name to HomeZone, and were planning on releasing it during Q4.

It's cool. But, it would be a whole lot cooler if SBC subs were allowed to receive the Voom channels. Somebody at Dish is being a big baby in that regard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)