SBC Dish Won't Upgrade me to Mpeg 4

mediaportal... that's the DISH STB...

homeportal is the 2wire gateway router, currently being sold to at&t customers and other 2wire partners...

also, the spec page for the mediaportal mentions MPEG-4, but only on 'client playback', along with MP3, AAC, WM9 and other media formats. It doesn't mention MPEG-4 satellite streams...

cosmo_kramer said:
I spoke with an AT&T CSR last evening and she told me the 622 upgrade would be available to their subs beginning April 1st for $99 after the rebate. I verified with her it was indeed the 622 Dual tuner HD DVR and she assured me that it was.....

Has anyone else heard similar news??

If this is true, then I will stick with Dish instead of going to Time Warner. I can live with spending $99 for a HD DVR (Dish quality) versus that Scientific Atlantic garbage TWC gives you.

ferl said:
I made several calls in Feb with no luck. Is there a way to just dump the SBC dish and have plain old Dish?

I would try calling again starting April 1. As I posted earlier, the SBC/AT&T CSR I spoke with assured me the 622 would be available for subs starting then. I know an assurance is not a guarantee, but the one I spoke with seemed pretty knowledgeable about it.....

If you're like me, you got a letter from SBC stating that we are allowed to drop Dish service from them and continue on with just "normal" Dish service. I can see how this letter might have gone unnoticed as it appeared to me to just be junk mail, but for some reason, I didn't throw it away and I actually read it. I'll see if I can find it.

Senor Bildo said:
If you're like me, you got a letter from SBC stating that we are allowed to drop Dish service from them and continue on with just "normal" Dish service. I can see how this letter might have gone unnoticed as it appeared to me to just be junk mail, but for some reason, I didn't throw it away and I actually read it. I'll see if I can find it.

I saved the letter too. I still want to keep SBC because of the discount but if I have any problems I'd just switch to Dish Network. I think you just call the number and tell them to switch you over to Dish Network directly.

I wonder how that will work for me that I still have a Dish Network account that I cancelled 3 yrs. ago but I still can login in their website.

Cosmo, I never get the same answer twice when calling a csr.

Senor & Randall, Any info you could provide would be appreciated. Dates and a contact number would be great. The hassle and the limitations aren't worth $5 to me.

SBC - Un-bundle

Senor Bildo said:

Called SBC asked about un-bundle issue. I was told I have to cancel my SBC account and cannot subscribe to DISH directly for 6 months. Never received a letter or threw it away. Can't seem to be able to get HD with SBC, I already have 4 receivers. Turned one in and was told 622 for new customers only.
Any ideas...what did the letter say?

SBC & 622 Fiasco

This is my experience in pursuit of the 622 through ATT/SBC/Dish account.We called ATT/SBC/Dish and ordered an upgrade to the 622 at the end of 2/05. Then when it came time to install the 622 they told us we could not get it until sometime after 4/1/06. So I took the 211 and kept my 522 with the understanding we could upgrade to the 622 when it became available. In mid March 06 I called ATT/SBC/Dish to check on availability of the 622 and they told me it was not available to my account. I asked him again what did he mean by not being available to my account and he again repeated the same. Then I threatened to quit ATT/SBC/Dish and then he told me if I quit I could start up a new account and get a 622 (price : $299.00 with 18 month contract) and a new 211. This required mailing back the 211 I already had(thought that was stupid) . I agreed to this because they told me they would continue a bundled discount service and billing through ATT/SBC/Dish account. They set up a new installation date to install the 622 we received via UPS and the 211 they brought. By quitting and starting a new account I am now getting STARZ free for 3 months. The installation all went good and I am now having the same video problems with the 622 as everyone else is saying but the 211 works fine. I think this is a crazy way to do business but I finally got my 622 and 211.

SBC/AT&T/DISH Trap

Thanks for the letter (un-bundle). Did not receive one (in CT).

Concerning the last post; tried to upgrade by turning in a receiver...didn't work. Tried to cancel account start "new"...wouldn't let me. Tried to un-bundle...told I couldn't have DISH for six months...didn't work. Tried these options with several CRS'. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.

They did tell me I could buy the 622 from a third party, but does this require a new sat. dish? I don't know if this would work.

Turtle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts