SBC offering VOOM

smitzinok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Oklahoma
I called SBC and they have the 2nd dish install for 61.5 for $99.00 to get the VOOM channels. They would not let me get a dish 1000. I had them transfer me to E* and was going to drop SBC and go directly with E* to get a dish 1000, but was told I could get either Voom or my locals not both. They showed Voom on 129 but not my locals! LyngSat and the Echostar Knowledge Base both show my locals on 129, but the CSR at E* could not verify this so I am back to square one only wanting one dish.................
At work they installed a dish 1000 and we are getting locals there, but I could not convince the CSR that I should be able to get VOOM and locals from 129. Maybe I'll try again monday or call a local installer to see whats up!

Found this on the SBC website:
SBC | DISH Network makes it easier than ever to live life in high definition with the DISH Network HD Pak. This includes ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater, TNT in HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies all for $9.99 per month. Plus, order now and get the HD Pak FREE for 6 months!
When you subscribe to the DISH Network HD Pak, you can also subscribe to the VOOM Originals HD Pak for an additional $5/month. This package includes 10 VOOM Originals HD channels for a total of 15 great HD channels!

"Found this on the SBC website:
SBC | DISH Network makes it easier than ever to live life in high definition with the DISH Network HD Pak. This includes ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater, TNT in HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies all for $9.99 per month. Plus, order now and get the HD Pak FREE for 6 months!
When you subscribe to the DISH Network HD Pak, you can also subscribe to the VOOM Originals HD Pak for an additional $5/month. This package includes 10 VOOM Originals HD channels for a total of 15 great HD channels!"

Where? Can you provide a direct link to this? I can't find anything about Voom in the SBC site. I just got a 811 installed 2 weeks ago and asked about Voom and they said that they were not offering it.

Called E* talked to CSR requested A Dish 1000 to get VOOM. She said no problem set up install for tomorrow A.M. And I will still be bundled with SBC,
I let you know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smitzinok said:
Called D* talked to CSR requested A Dish 1000 to get VOOM. She said no problem set up install for tomorrow A.M. And I will still be bundled with SBC,
I let you know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much are they charging you for the D1000?

By the way: D* is DirecTV and E* is Dish Network. ;)

Installer came was planning to install a dish 1000 and a 500 to get 61.5 for VOOM. I told him VOOM was on 129. He did not know this, so he called his boss then someone else and finaly agreed to do the 1000 only. Which of course it works fine I get my locals and VOOM. Its a sad day when the customer has to educate the CSR'S and INSTALLERS on what is going on.
Thanks to this site I got what I wanted "KNOWLEDGE" is power.
Thanks Everyone........

Ugh, I called SBC|Dish and they told me since I have 4 receivers, (one dual 522 and two 311s), I'd need to disable one 311 and send it back, and only then could they upgrade. They don't have a provision for a direct swap, UGH. I wasn't at home when I made the call, otherwise they'd take the equipment info over the phone and send a pre-printed shipping box to send the 311 back.

He said I could keep the 522, but I expect trouble later, because a dual 942 and a dual 522 and a 311 add up to five receivers, and I seem to be limited to four.

Worth a shot....!sadroll

So, I'm in Sacramento and purchased a new HD ready set. I want locals, DVR and HDTV, including Voom. As an existing sub, I called and requested to upgrade to dish 1000 and DVR 942. E* won't give it to me. I was advised if I were a NEW subscriber, it was offered. They said my only option is to purchase the 942 for $500+ and even then they would only install a 2nd dish to get voom, no dish 1000. And these were the winback folks telling me this. So, I scheduled my dishnet to be cancelled and will be going with Comcast digital w/hi def for now. Maybe when E* gets around to upgrading to MPEG 4 and some newer equipment I'll go back and get some "new subscriber" treatment. Frustrating I have to go through all this hassle to accomodate my new TV.

Wog1970 said:
So, I'm in Sacramento and purchased a new HD ready set. I want locals, DVR and HDTV, including Voom. As an existing sub, I called and requested to upgrade to dish 1000 and DVR 942. E* won't give it to me. I was advised if I were a NEW subscriber, it was offered. They said my only option is to purchase the 942 for $500+ and even then they would only install a 2nd dish to get voom, no dish 1000. And these were the winback folks telling me this. So, I scheduled my dishnet to be cancelled and will be going with Comcast digital w/hi def for now. Maybe when E* gets around to upgrading to MPEG 4 and some newer equipment I'll go back and get some "new subscriber" treatment. Frustrating I have to go through all this hassle to accomodate my new TV.

Sorry to hear that. I had to play CSR tag till I got what I wanted. That seems to be the norm when dealing with E*

Okay, called and got another CSR and another bad answer. They said they couldn't guarantee shipment of a 942 for 6 months, even after I de-activate and send back one of my receivers. Probably I should take a late lunch break and try calling in again!

:tux:

man you people always want something for nothing. if you were running E* would you want to give out this expenisve stuff for nothing? they don't make any money on you anyways at least for 2 years...

money_mike_67 said:
man you people always want something for nothing. if you were running E* would you want to give out this expenisve stuff for nothing? they don't make any money on you anyways at least for 2 years...
"You people".. Oh, no you didn't.. :haha Good one. Anyway, I'm sure not asking for free anything. I'm ready to plunk down serious upgrade fees if only they would upgrade! And as far as not making any money off me, I'd sure like to know what happens to the $111+ month I send them for the "Everything" package, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts