Dropped Dishnet

rgbburn

Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Dumped Comcast in favor of Dishnet about a month ago. The techs could not get the picture right on the main TV (vertical lines in background) on 3 trips out to the house (including replacing the receiver), so I went back to Comcast digital. Difference in price: about $30/month more for cable. But the pic is crystal clear on all 4 TV's in the house.

I BET DISHNET COULD DO BETTER u could have asked a local retailer 2 have u installed because when i tried to get my dish installed directly thru dish, their installer was stupid enuf 2 say that i could not get a superdish becasue it will not HOLD on a clamp on a railing. whereas the retailer's installer came and installed the dish with no problems whatsoever! so try that it mite work

rgbburn said:
Dumped Comcast in favor of Dishnet about a month ago. The techs could not get the picture right on the main TV (vertical lines in background) on 3 trips out to the house (including replacing the receiver), so I went back to Comcast digital. Difference in price: about $30/month more for cable. But the pic is crystal clear on all 4 TV's in the house.

please don't forget that we have cable forums here.

sanhin2 said:
I BET DISHNET COULD DO BETTER u could have asked a local retailer 2 have u installed because when i tried to get my dish installed directly thru dish, their installer was stupid enuf 2 say that i could not get a superdish becasue it will not HOLD on a clamp on a railing. whereas the retailer's installer came and installed the dish with no problems whatsoever! so try that it mite work

Its not a question of his intelligence, its the fact that the superdish's size makes it a wind sail and clamping a superdish to a railing on a balcony or stairs is a considerable risk. A dish tech is not as likely to take a big risk that could put his job on the line as compared to what some dealers and sub contractors will, some times the negative does not come about where as other times it does and the end result can be financialy sobering for those involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)