SBCA makes it easy to say goodbye!!!

Doctor Bob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2003
Riverside, California
This notice, that I received from the SBCA, will make it so much easier for the Industry to say goodbye to them!!!

The sad part, is that they are coming to the table 10 years to late, with 10 years of lies.... They have done nothing more than be the mouth piece for DirecTV and mumbled a little bit for Dish Network... We all know that it's too late for them, and they just can't accept these facts...

They fooled everybody at the EXPO, but when a lot of folks found out that nobody got that Hummer, well....... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Click on their link, as I will later, and tell them why they are not "OUR" Association!!! They haven't heard enough bad news yet!!!

I had a talk with Steve Hill, at the EXPO, and I tried to tell him that finding another job, fast, would be the "Order for the Day"!!! The new President "Patricia" did call me, as I was on my way out the door, and I have left 6 messages for her since, but she never did call back!!

You see, it really is too late for the SBCA, because they are the "OTHER GUYS" Association... LOL I don't think they have 75 members left, but I could be wrong!!! I was # 76!!! RONTGLMAO....

The Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association invites you to participate in our Retail and Technician Membership Survey. As the SBCA works to improve the association and its membership benefits it is vital that we get your input. So please take a few minutes to give us feedback and help guide us in the right direction. Your participation is completely voluntary. Your survey responses will be strictly confidential and data from this research will be reported only in the aggregate. If you have questions at any time about the survey or the procedures, you may contact me at 202-349-3630 or by email at mesteves@sbca.org. Thank you very much for your time and support.

http://www.sbca.com/survey.asp
Regards, Martin Esteves
Manager of Membership and Data ManagementS
Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association
1730 M Street NW Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
phone: 202-349-3630 fax: 202-349-3621

Has anyone joined, or renewed their membership, with the SBCA???

I have received several calls from HSP techs, that have told me they don't have to be SBCA Certified, because they are being trained in house, and have been told not to worry about SBCA Certification!!!

Have any of you guys and gals heard this too???

I never believed in SBCA testing from Day #1

As far as im concerned the SBCA is simply selling a worthless piece of paper. DISH Network does not require SBCA certification to do installations. I believe Directv does, but I think you can give them any number and they will accecpt it when you close a work order.

Besides that, an average joe customer never even heard of the SBCA so wether an SBCA certified installer comes to his home or not makes no difference!.

Now granted I am not certified, but I think everyone on this board who knows me can agree that I do not need certification since I know more than an average technician anyways.

I think you have a point Claude, but isn’t it sad, that the credibility never reached above a 1, in a world that has 10 as the highest ranking??? I’ve always said, any and every Industry, needs a quality learning program, with education (not just review) attached to the criteria!!!

The www.eta.org reached out to help our Industry pull itself together, and the SBCA did nothing but slap them in the face!!! These people have had ego problems from the very beginning, so I guess it shouldn’t surprise anyone that they are falling off of the edge of the cliff!!!

I work for a DTV HSP that requires the techs to be certified. If nothing else, I have an official SBCA name badge that makes me "look" important. :rolleyes:

Crossbones said:
I work for a DTV HSP that requires the techs to be certified. If nothing else, I have an official SBCA name badge that makes me "look" important. :rolleyes:

Wow, that's Cool!!! I've seen a few of those, but the Techs say that they didn't take any SBCA Class, just what DirecTV was giving, and they were not issued any SBCA Number, just use the same number everybody else uses:D ... RONTGLMAO....

Bob, I've seen a lot of the acronyms but RONTGLMAO is a new one on me. I'm pretty sure about LMAO but what's the rest of it?

I didn't even know what SBCA was till I read this thread. I imagine I am way overqualified by now, having been a member here for the past two years has provided much more knowledge than SBCA training could.