SC Basic Programming

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Does the $20 SC basic programming still exists and if so what channels do you get. Can't find anything on it on the SC website yet the brochure shows it available but with no details.

They really do not want to promote it...

But you get the 4 HD network feeds from Detroit and Seattle, CBC-HD, CTV-HD, and your choice of SD network from Spokane or Buffalo. Depending on your address, you will get a handful of natiional Canadian SD networks also (200's Channels). For example, we get City-tv but no Omni channels from Toronto. TSN only is the only optional choice at $1.99. Mostly have it for the HD networks only.

Hope this helps

Satboyz

Address is not important. It was a set package
Mike Kohl still shows it listed but there have been some additions
http://www.global-cm.net/CAN/StarChoice/DIGITALBASICPKG.html

as noted above, the HD channels and TSN-HD can be added for 2 bucks. TSN SD is included in package. That is the ONLY thing you can add to the package

Thanks for the info. So I am assuming since they do not have it available online to order you must contact them to request this package.

I do have that package listed, but it is my understanding that DIGITAL BASIC at 20 bucks is only available for EXISTING subscribers. New subscribers must take at least the ESSENTIALS package (currently 35.99 CDN plus tax) for 12 months. Downgrading from that requirement risks being charged an early disconnect fee of 200.00 CDN plus tax.

I do have that package listed, but it is my understanding that DIGITAL BASIC at 20 bucks is only available for EXISTING subscribers. New subscribers must take at least the ESSENTIALS package (currently 35.99 CDN plus tax) for 12 months. Downgrading from that requirement risks being charged an early disconnect fee of 200.00 CDN plus tax.

My goal is to have CBC, TSN and American Networks (East/West) in HD. Will the Essentials for $35.99 + HD Sports for $1.99 get me the channels I am looking for? Wasn't sure if additional theme packs were required.

Yes you will get East/West US Nets + CBC+CTV+National Geographic in HD in Essentials. $1.99 gets you TSN HD. Select Buffalo or Spokane for your SD net feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)