Shaw HD Channels not fitting the screen

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
I was watching footbal on HD channel (Fox East), after flipping channels to other games, I came back to Fox and noticed the picture did not fit the screen, looked too wide.
I tried adjusting with the zoom, standard, normal button on remote and nothing.
If I watch the HD channel on SD it fits the screen perfectly.

At first I thought it was a problem with the feed, but I´ve tried other HD channels and I get the same thing.

Any ideas on what the problem and fix is ?

I've got a 37 inch Aquos. My four Video settings are : 1080i/stretch/30 min/Hdtv small. Maybe check video settings on your television.

Catamount

I've got a 37 inch Aquos. My four Video settings are : 1080i/stretch/30 min/Hdtv small. Maybe check video settings on your television.

Catamount

Thanks for that, I stil need to work on this.

When you´re watching any HD channel, ok say Global, Can you see the full Global logo on your screen ?

I still can´t make the full picture fit.
I also found the link below, but still no luck.

http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/customercare/techcentral/troubleshooting/?page=screen

"]Thanks for that, I stil need to work on this.

When you´re watching any HD channel, ok say Global, Can you see the full Global logo on your screen ?

Yes. see full logo plus room underneath. Maybe tv settings aren't set to 16x9 anymore? Unplug shaw box for a minute as well. Strange things happen sometimes with shaw receivers.

Ok, I´m baffled but happy now.

Even though I tried unplugging the receiver before, even left it unplugged overnight the last couple of nights, that didn´t work.

But today, I turned it on, then left unplugged for a few hours.
Turned on Global HD, and picture is there in HD fitting perfectly now, I can see the full Global logo with extra room to the right and the bottom.

Will check out later what are the video settings in the receiver, but I had it on 16x9.
I´m sure I didn´t mess any video settings on the tv, just switched sources.

Thanks for the feedbacki.

Reactions: catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)