SC dropping Buffalo + Fox Detroit

Yes, that is what they said... (I hate quoting them lol!)

I don't get it. I currently get Detroit East feeds on channels 284 thru 288 as well as the Buffalo/Rochester feeds. If they drop the latter what do they replace them with for me?

SC is returning to the original eastern SD feeds that had when they launched - ch 360 to 364 - 4 Detroit + Rochester Fox

I don't get it. I currently get Detroit East feeds on channels 284 thru 288 as well as the Buffalo/Rochester feeds. If they drop the latter what do they replace them with for me?

They are not replacing the Buffalo feeds. You will have only Detroit (and Rochester Fox) for SD & HD, to make some room for some new channels. Spokane will probably dissapear in the future as well.

Yes, just relocations. If they get rid of the East SD option why not do the West SD option at the same time and be done with it? I wish they could have left the East SD with Buffalo and East HD with Detroit, then leave the West SD with Spokane and West HD with Seattle. That way all could be had with those subscribed to HD and the two sets of SD network feeds could be removed. *C continues to keep you guessing lol.

The choices to be deleted have nothing to do with Star Choice. That are made based on what SBS (Shaw Broadcast Services) cable company customers want and are willing to pay for. That's why for example Golf HD is next in line for addition - and Score HD will not be.

Anyone that has *C knows it is part of Shaw, whoever you want to specify they still keep you puzzled. For example there are way more people living in Canada that are closer to the local vacinity of Buffalo than than there is for Spokane yet it is Buffalo locals that are leaving.

Golf HD , I'm not sure about others but SE is right that the Score and Raptors HD are at the bottom of *C's list.

Golf HD is probably coming (especially since the HD Sports pkg is increasing from $2 to $3 month)

Some cable companies are asking for CBC/CTV/PBS West HD feeds, but knowing Shaw they would rather add sports & movie channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)