SC installation problem

Rommel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
I had to remount and aim my elliptical SC dish. I'm getting CFTK (324) on Channel 281 where Sportsnet HD should be. ATV is on 293 where CTV HD should be. Signal strength on line C is 49 for those two channels.
I'm getting nothing on channel 299 or any of the other F1 channels. Why are my channel maps all screwed up and what can I do to fix this?

Last edited:
If you dont get 299, something isn't aimed right. Sounds like you are getting the "sat a" which is the mian one on the 2nd sat

select 299 and hit "options, 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic c" In the right corner is a number that is +- since you're close, move the dish to the west a little bit. That +- number should start moving
+5 is minimum
+7.5 or higher is great

Thank you Iceberg. I appreciate your help. I moved the dish as you suggested and signal strength increased to 65 and ECB 7.7. That reading is for Channel 324 CFTK which is still showing up on ch. 281.
I'm located about 30 miles SE of Phoenix AZ so I assume thats a decent level of signal. I have a DSR 500 receiver which has always been very buggy.
I tried a reboot by holding down the power button for ten seconds which did reboot the unit but with no change to the mapping. I also tried unplugging the unit for two minutes which also didn't solve the problem.
I checked every channel and F1 stations are showing up randomly between channels 200 and 750. For example the Weathernetwork is on Ch.235, TVTropolis is on 236, Etc.. Because of this I doubt my unit would recognize ch. 299 as the SC promo channel. No sign of any F2 channels.
Is a master reset my only option? If so do I tune to channel 284 for the correct maps with a DSR 500?

You have aimed the dish at Anik F1R (107.3). It needs to be aimed at F2 (111.1).

One can no longer assume that they are on Anik F1R by receiving ch 299. It is being broadcast from both F1R and F2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)