SC Programming question

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
Is it possible to get the superstations (wgn, ktla, et al) on SC without ordering the movie pack? I assume the answer is no, but I figured I would ask.

The answer is yes, definitely. SC has also had an ongoing promotion for a number of years (renews in September) where you get the Superstations (excluding WGN) for free if you are a subscriber to the Fun Stuff bundle. There has been some suggestion in the past that only "longer term" subscribers were actually eligible for it.

Regardless, the Superstations (including WGN) are available for $0.99 each. They don't advertise it and not all the CSRs may be aware of it but they are available. I subscribed to a couple of them before they started the free promotion.

Note: SC Superstations are KTLA, WGN, WPIX and WSBK. TBS is available in a theme bundle but is not considered a Superstation for this purpose. This is in contrast to Bell ExpressVu where TBS is in the Superstations package but WGN is not, they include that one in a sports bundle.

I knew when I first got SC I had all the superstations w/o the movie pack but I did have the fun stuff bundle, but I lost the supers when I went with digital favorites. We are dropping D* on tuesday and going only SC & FTA (to save some money) and I would like to have the CW (even though I checked and made sure my shows ran on channels in the essentials) I would like to have more versatility.

I thought you needed the family channel or movies to get the Supers?

Superstations do come with Movies but the question was whether you could get them without Movies.

Since Family Channel is not available through SC as a stand-alone, the point is moot. Family Channel is an included channel with Fun Stuff. Fun Stuff seems to be the determining bundle for getting some U.S. add-ons. For example, if you want Playboy TV, you need to subscribe to either Movies or Fun Stuff.

Superstations do come with Movies but the question was whether you could get them without Movies.

Since Family Channel is not available through SC as a stand-alone, the point is moot. Family Channel is an included channel with Fun Stuff. Fun Stuff seems to be the determining bundle for getting some U.S. add-ons. For example, if you want Playboy TV, you need to subscribe to either Movies or Fun Stuff.

wouldnt hustler & red light tv be considered fun stuff:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts