Status
Not open for further replies.

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Heads up, three different times while checking the site over last two days, I click to open a random thread, then immediately get hijacked with what looks like a SatGuys Facebook page and a pop-up with a scam telling me I've won a free iPad, etc. I grabbed a screenshot this last time:

Screenshot_20160417-073429.png

Same scenario all three times. This was on my Samsung S6, viewing the site via Chrome browser. This is only happening on SatGuys, none of the other sites I've visited.

One day, several weeks ago, on my Android tablet, I had an issue where I would click to open a Satellite Guys thread, the page would start to load and then the browser would go to another site (but not Satellite Guys Facebook though). Only happened a few times and only on Android, then stopped as quickly as it started and hasn't happened since. Maybe related, maybe not?

Heads up, three different times while checking the site over last two days, I click to open a random thread, then immediately get hijacked with what looks like a SatGuys Facebook page and a pop-up with a scam telling me I've won a free iPad, etc. I grabbed a screenshot this last time:

View attachment 115907

Same scenario all three times. This was on my Samsung S6, viewing the site via Chrome browser. This is only happening on SatGuys, none of the other sites I've visited.
Use ghostery browser and problem solved

Hmm... Something like this happened to me before. I was using a search engine by Yahoo! on AT&T.net searching for YouTube. I had clicked the link and redirected me to a scam site. I had to turn JavaScript off in order to stop the pop ups because it was a BsOD scam website. External links should not be trusted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts