Scanning for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I ran a scan with my Fortec Lifetime Ultra on satellites 110 and 119. Most of the channels come up as nagravision, but some came up as Free, yet were unviewable. The signal shows very strong on my receiver on both strength and quality, yet there is no picture. Are there some preview channels that are FTA? NASA channel or GOL tv somewhere on these satellites unencrypted? How does a scan "ALL" vs "ALL+D" differ? Why do I get high quality reading when I am using a linear LNB? Is that why I get no picture?

Sometimes a linear LNBF will pull in a circular signal, I do it all the time on 119 and NASA.

maybe try changing the L.O. to 11250 and try another blond scan, works for me but depends where you are in the country.

PSB said:
Sometimes a linear LNBF will pull in a circular signal, I do it all the time on 119 and NASA.

maybe try changing the L.O. to 11250 and try another blond scan, works for me but depends where you are in the country.

Are you running a universal LNB?

PSB said:

As soon as I change from Universal 1 to try another LO it stops receiving.

Dang, I use a standard. And it works for me with Nasa, but thats it!

With your universal LNBF, maybe you could change the settings as follows:

LNBF Type: Standard
LO: 11100
22KHz: ON

I haven't tried, but it maybe worth it.

I got a problem as well. I have to LNB's hooked up to one dish - I have a 22khz switch on the line and can't get the recvr to understand that I have a 22khz switch. I have one on and the other off - and still keep losing signal and it still doesnt understand the switch is there.

is it a bad switch?

Sadoun said:
With your universal LNBF, maybe you could change the settings as follows:

LNBF Type: Standard
LO: 11100
22KHz: ON

I haven't tried, but it maybe worth it.

Its was certainly worth trying. Appreciate the suggestion but it doesn't work. Other transponders are live as I flip past them, but the frequency that NASA channel is on has no signal at all. I tried the suggestions, but it renders the Lnb dead, even when I change back to a tp that previously showed signal. Guess I can get a circular lnb and put it up when the weather warms up and the snow if off the roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts