Scanning with a DMX741

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
I've been experimenting with an 8-footer mesh on the ground before moving it to its permanent place. I'm using a DMX741 lnb with a SV4000 (using one cable, thus activating the internal switch), but I am unsure about scanning with it. I have been able to get a few C band channels on several western sats, but no luck with KU. I understand ku can be touchy on these larger dishes, but I would like to be sure about the proper scanning procedures before starting playing around with the installation. I assumed I had to blind scan with 5150 freq. and then again with 10750 freq., but by doing so I get the same channels - all c band, which are no viewable when they lock through the second scan (10750). I have the lnb setting as "Single" (not Universal).

When your scanning for the ku-band (10750) and make sure the 22khz switch is on. I assume
you have the jumper cable installed on the dmx741?

When your scanning for the ku-band (10750) and make sure the 22khz switch is on. I assume
you have the jumper cable installed on the dmx741?

Yes, the jumper cable is installed. I'll try that. Thanks.

When my 7.5 mesh dish was up I used this lnbf and the ku came in pretty easy as long as the focal length and f/d are set right, and everything else.
Best to start on your true south Satellite.

Yeah, I don't think that's the case yet with my setup... don't get any KU band signals, and even C band are coming in weak...

I've been experimenting with an 8-footer mesh on the ground before moving it to its permanent place.

Is this a temp mount,is it level or plum,are you sure the lnb is facing dead center on the dish.? To get mine dead center I used two strings 1 north to south,the other east to west across the front of the dish.Then I removed the lnb cap and looked from the back of the dish from the hole in the center.And Made the cross hairs center on the lnb.(inside the lnb their is a metal bar,this bar should face East to West when on your true south,so skew would be 0.)

simplifying the convoluted:

I assumed I had to blind scan with 5150 freq. and then again with 10750 freq., but by doing so I get the same channels - all c band, which are no viewable when they lock through the second scan (10750).
The DMX741 (non-U version) has a Standard Ku LNB, and the switch on the side is 22khz.
I looked over the docs, and couldn't find the answer, but likely if 22khz of OFF, you get C-band, and if ON, you get Ku band.
I recommend you ignore the switch at first, and connect your receiver directly to the Ku output at the far rear end of the Ku LNB.

To make it easier, you'll eventually need two entries in your receiver (for every satellite).
One for C-band on that bird, with the 5150 LO and 22khz off.
The other will be for Ku band on the same bird, with 10750 LO and 22khz on.

To make it easier, you'll eventually need two entries in your receiver (for every satellite).

How, if only one entry on the receiver? Switch?

The DMX741 (non-U version) has a Standard Ku LNB, and the switch on the side is 22khz.
I looked over the docs, and couldn't find the answer, but likely if 22khz of OFF, you get C-band, and if ON, you get Ku band.
I recommend you ignore the switch at first, and connect your receiver directly to the Ku output at the far rear end of the Ku LNB.

What Anole is sugesting is create another sat in your sat list They both can have the same name but in the setup menu have one set for ku 10750 22khz on and the other set for c band 5150 22 khz off , just to keep the 2 sats more clear , lable the one your adding c or ku wich ever the case may be .

What Anole is sugesting is create another sat in your sat list They both can have the same name but in the setup menu have one set for ku 10750 22khz on and the other set for c band 5150 22 khz off , just to keep the 2 sats more clear , lable the one your adding c or ku wich ever the case may be .

Got it, thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts