Scared of Sat 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jvmcdowe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Getting real weak (40) or no signal on many Ts on 110. I have read the suggestions on repointing (listen to the tone, have TV in view, etc) but am afraid I will lose it (and 119) completely. How easily would I lose 110 or 119?

Which transponders are weak for you and where are you located?

Many of the 110 transponders are spotbeams, and if you're not located near or within a particular spot, you won't get much signal.

Moving the dish around is really pretty easy. You can even push a little in each direction without loosening any bolts and see if a slight adjustment would help. If you decide to make some permanent adjustments just do each direction seperately only loosening those bolts. Only loosen the bolts enough to allow you to move things with a little pressure. You can even use a permanent marker to make some lines across those areas that will be moving if you wanted to get back to where you started.

Pepper

Pepper, I am close to Pittsburgh getting Cleveland locals. I thought that wouldn't be too far outside the spotbeam. I am only getting above a 70 on transponder 29 (which I believe carries the Pittsburgh locals). Ts 9 and 19 about 50-60 and a few others come in at 40 or below (and in and out). Think tweaking would work? Currently clevelands are on Sb31 and I get about 45 and it goes out about every 20 minutes for a few seconds. Could new leaves on trees be a disruption?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts