Dish TV in Mexico

mmmexico

Original poster
Nov 17, 2005
As some of you may know, Direct TV is moving its programing around. Some channels are moving to a different satellite which is going to require a second dish for users here in Mexico. This may be more effort that I want to put up with. If you receive Dish TV in Mexico ( Baja California Sur) please post a note to me indicating what kind of reception that you get...who provides technical support and the kind of programing choices that you have.

I would really like to have a simple (single dish) system so that my house would not look like a dish farm...something that works and offers good programing. Can you sign up for the networks in both Los Angeles and New York???

Please let me know about my options...Thanks!!!

Dish in Mexico

Dish in Baja Sur is easy, need an old direct tv antenna, 1.2 meter is best or larger, use the existing Direct tv LNB and point at the 119 Sat. Subscribe to the middle package as some of the Everything Package is on Sat 110. Several of my neighbors are watching Dish and love it! I would like more information on getting HD Dish here as it is untried in my area. Not sure if a Direct tv LNBF will handle Sat 110, for both Sats one will need two antennas and run the cables to DP21 switch.

General note. Folks that want one tiny (18" single bird) dish from either D* or E* are going to be stuck with very few choices in programming before too much longer.

For people who, shall we say, "on the fringes" :rolleyes: of the CONUS footprint, it's going to be even more difficult.

I don't see how having 2 20"er dishes makes your house look like a "dish farm". As long as they're neatly installed, they can look just fine, I know ours don't scream "dish farm!"

mex tv

OoTLink said:
I don't see how having 2 20"er dishes makes your house look like a "dish farm". As long as they're neatly installed, they can look just fine, I know ours don't scream "dish farm!"
does the two dish system still work for direct? I have an existing 36" but getting VERY few stations.

mmmexico said:
As some of you may know, Direct TV is moving its programing around. Some channels are moving to a different satellite which is going to require a second dish for users here in Mexico. This may be more effort that I want to put up with. If you receive Dish TV in Mexico ( Baja California Sur) please post a note to me indicating what kind of reception that you get...who provides technical support and the kind of programing choices that you have.

I would really like to have a simple (single dish) system so that my house would not look like a dish farm...something that works and offers good programing. Can you sign up for the networks in both Los Angeles and New York???

Please let me know about my options...Thanks!!!
what did you decide to do and how did it turn out? I've got the same directv problem ( I live in bcs also).Will two dishes work for direct or should I just go to dish? I've got an existing 36' dish ----do I need something larger, another the same size, or..... thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)