Scary news for the Bengals "Chris Henry, dead at 26"

I do have to say what makes it truly sad is the report that says they just picked out wedding rings...its too bad his anger got the best of him :(
What do think would have happened if he had caught his finace? My guess is she would be in the hospital and he'd be in jail. Or maybe she was just going to the grocery store and had forgotten her shopping list. :rolleyes:

Never? The guy hasn't been in trouble in over a year, and most everyone said this last year he's been a changed man, and they just picked out wedding rings a week ago.

Some real classless posts in this thread.

Yeah....you ain't kidding! He was a changed man where he finally got his priorities in line. But isn't always the case.... the guys straightens out after a lifetime of problems....and then dies. Look at former UM player Sean Taylor. He was killed by a bunch of kids that broke into him home. EVERYONE said that is was ALL due to his past...when in the end....it was just a break in gone bad.

...oh yeah, there was alot of sympathy in here for him too....:rolleyes:

none of the comments here seem to to come from anyone who actually was a witness at the scene. I have a lot more questions than answers...like do we REALLY..KNOW... that this was indeed an accident?
Also, some people here have said they wouldn't want their children to emulate Chris Henry...I'm amused to hear people whine about having to explain to their kids about how their great role model's have let them down. Maybe your children wouldn't have to admire singers athletes and actors if you were better parents....just a thought.

If he was such a changed man then why was he in a "domestic dispute"? I doubt it was an argument over the wedding cake. Most likely he had a trail of ho's like Tiger Woods, and was fixing to go OJ on his finacee. Maybe there's another reason why he jumped into the back of a moving truck, but I doubt it would back up the changed man story.

Well.....let's wait till we know EXACTLY what happened.

ALOT of folks here all ASSUMED WRONG when Sean Taylor was killed....thinking it was his troubled past that caught up to him. Whne it fact, it was just a botched robbery attempt.

none of the comments here seem to to come from anyone who actually was a witness at the scene. I have a lot more questions than answers...like do we REALLY..KNOW... that this was indeed an accident?
Also, some people here have said they wouldn't want their children to emulate Chris Henry...I'm amused to hear people whine about having to explain to their kids about how their great role model's have let them down. Maybe your children wouldn't have to admire singers athletes and actors if you were better parents....just a thought.

:up:up:up

Maybe your children wouldn't have to admire singers athletes and actors if you were better parents....just a thought.

My daughter idolizes Carrie Underwood, so now my wife is a bad parent??? :confused:

God Gawd, is this thread going down the proverbial toilet! :rolleyes:

My daughter idolizes Carrie Underwood, so now my wife is a bad parent??? :confused:

Well, I see what your saying Bill.....but I also see what he is saying. Why should your children idolize someone that is not their parents, grandparents or someone real in their lives?!! I always was go back to Charles Barkely...."I am not a role model"...and he absolutely right! He is a tall, strong guy that can just play basketball better than most men(in his prime). Those are not requirements for a role model.

not necessarily, just commenting on how little influence some parents have in their kids lives and how they don't want to take the time for their kids. But... I was amused that you threw your wife under the bus awful quickly. but it's not for me to judge.

Well, I see what your saying Bill.....but I also see what he is saying. Why should your children idolize someone that is not their parents, grandparents or someone real in their lives?!! I always was go back to Charles Barkely...."I am not a role model"...and he absolutely right! He is a tall, strong guy that can just play basketball better than most men(in his prime). Those are not requirements for a role model.

And I also agree with what Sir Charles said.

Kids should look to their parents as role models, BUT that doesn't mean they can't look up to an outside source..............just not for life learning advice.

As a kid I idolized Jim Rice, Larry Bird and Steve Grogan. But if I needed advice or guidance for anything I went to my parents or older siblings.

I just don't see what's wrong with a child looking up to someone outside of their everyday life, AS LONG as that adulation is kept in perspective.

Kids should look to their parents as role models, BUT that doesn't mean they can't look up to an outside source..............just not for life learning advice.

As a kid I idolized Jim Rice, Larry Bird and Steve Grogan. But if I needed advice or guidance for anything I went to my parents or older siblings.

I just don't see what's wrong with a child looking up to someone outside of their everyday life, AS LONG as that adulation is kept in perspective.
:up:up:up agree totally... And would add that it seems like you always here stories of people who meet their idols and come away somewhat disappointed, or worse yet, totally disillusioned.

I have no issues idolizing their skills as an athlete or entertainer....but you know that is where a parent/s have to come in and say...they are no different that you or I....the ONLY thing they have above most people is THAT particular skill....that is it.

....unfortunately, parents don't and the moment that athlete or entertainer does something...."human"....people go apesh** and pretend they have commited double homicide!

Okay First I heard a 911 call from SOMEONE WHO WAS WATCHING IT...and they indicated that he had one arm in the cab ( I think thats what it said but the next part I am 100% sure on) and another one banging on the back window (would seem like he was trying to attack her huh?) I mean come on use your brain a little, she tries to pull out of the house, he jumps in the back...not hard to figure out what was going on there. Now on to your other comment, the one about me not being a good parent? Listen Kids watch sports, and if they play sports they will try and emulate the athletes they see on tv...I hope that my child would respect me and follow my example and Jesus example (yes I am a christian and not trying to bring that in here and force it down anyones throat, just trying to give my opinion here since I have been called out). Also I wasnt whining NOTHING about talking to my kids, their are morons out there and I will have no problem telling my kid those guys are stupid, and they shouldnt be looked up to...right now my kid Loves me and Looks up to me (and mickey mouse :D) but as he gets older he is going to see people on tv, and not mimic them step by step but I am sure he will look up to them, in high school playing football I wanted to be the next great d-line man (mean joe greene, reggie white) were they my HEROS no, but they were people I looked up to and worked hard to emulate in the way I played. I have to say I took great offense to your comment because to me it is a very ignorant statement that is meant to attack someone and has added nothing to this conversation...But back to the topic at hand and lets try and keep it that way if you have something to say to me by all means pm me...but by all means look up the 911 call from the guy it sounds like chris henry was trying to hurt this woman and hurt her bad.

none of the comments here seem to to come from anyone who actually was a witness at the scene. I have a lot more questions than answers...like do we REALLY..KNOW... that this was indeed an accident?.
No, we don't know what went on. Some people are commenting based on the guy's history of bad decisions in his short life (possibly another that has now ended it) and some are chosing to ignore his history and give him the benefit of the doubt. In the end the facts will determine who was correct. Until then we all have a right to express our opinions.

How honored to have Doctor Laura posting on this board! Please, pass along your excellent parenting skills, won't you! :rolleyes:

No one on here is "whining," as you so arrogantly put it. One person on here said they wouldn't want their child to look up to this guy. Doesn't sound like whining to me...sounds more like being a "better parent," not what you're insinuating. It's a little alarming at how you're so "amused" at the thought of a parent explaining to their kid that their selected role model wasn't someone to look up to afterall. Kids have been rebelling against their parents better judgement for centuries. Sometimes you have no control over who your child looks up to or tries to emulate. It's hard to keep them from wanting to be like someone they constantly see touted in the media, and have them hear others ignore or defend that person's bad decisions, at times placing them on a moral pedestal they have no right to be on. Chris Henry (may he rest in peace) had a history of making poor, juvenile, and dangerous decisions. One can only hope that he didn't make one that ended his life, something a good parent would want to explain to their child.

...I have to say I took great offense to your comment because to me it is a very ignorant statement that is meant to attack someone and has added nothing to this conversation...
:up Any decent parent would. Agreed, it was an ignorant statement.

Last edited:
Ok, no more arguing or trampling on the man's grave. A man is dead and no matter what he has done he deserves some respect. 3 kids are now without a father.