Schedule for Locals in HD

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I don't know if people saw this on the Dish website, but here is the schedule for locals in HD for next three months

Attachments

• hdlocalschedule.doc
    76.5 KB · Views: 687
Wonder why the Greenville, SC are listed in April and in May.

Scott can you answer this? Maybe one is suppose to be Greenville, NC? You said you heard next week as well as I did.

My suggestion for anybody looking for locals in HD is to install an antenna because dish isn't going carry pbs, cw in hd anytime soon.

cjwct,

Thanks for the post. My city is finally on the list for June. I could not find that document on Dish's website. I search the press releases and the only one listing cities was back in March and only listed April and May cities. Do you have the URL you used to pull that document? Thanks

DISH Network -- Dish HD

try that; if not just go to dis's site, hd locals, and click on third question (see when they are coming). I must say I am surprised they are being open lately about their plans; maybe pre-emptive strike to stop so many from jumping over to the dark side

Do any of you think E* will go the way of D* and let those without local HD's get them from outside markets?

Woohoo! Omaha in June...although taking this with a really big grain of salt...still not my local market, but at least it's in the same state. I won't have to "live" in Kansas anymore. :D Oh wait...I'd have to see 61.5, wouldn't I....

According to this below, yes.

Enter Address

This is what the page says:

Under the Satellite Home Viewers Extension and Reauthorization Act (SHVERA) DIRECTV is permitted to transmit up to two analog feeds or one digital (HD) feed of LA or NY TV station network signals “for private home viewing” to “persons who reside in unserved households,” if they live in a market where DIRECTV does not provide local network programming."

It does not say "if they live in a market where DIRECTV does not provide HD locals." It has to be a market where NO local programming is provided.

This is what the page says:

Under the Satellite Home Viewers Extension and Reauthorization Act (SHVERA) DIRECTV is permitted to transmit up to two analog feeds or one digital (HD) feed of LA or NY TV station network signals “for private home viewing” to “persons who reside in unserved households,” if they live in a market where DIRECTV does not provide local network programming."

It does not say "if they live in a market where DIRECTV does not provide HD locals." It has to be a market where NO local programming is provided.

Enter your address. When I entered mine I was not eligible for SD stations because I was able to get them in my area but I was for a FOX HD station. I copied and pasted what it said on mine.

Standard Distant Network Service

Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

Digital (HD) Distant Network Service
Network Affiliate Status
ABC
KODE-DT Grade B (moderate signal)
KHBS-DT Grade A (strong signal)

CBS
KOTV-DT Grade B (moderate signal)
KFSM-DT Grade A (strong signal)

FOX Eligible

NBC
KYTV-DT Grade B (moderate signal)
KJRH-DT Grade B (moderate signal)
KNWA-DT Grade A (strong signal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)