Scheduled program missing in My Recordings

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I have Doctor Who set to record New programs. However I noticed the other day it was missing from the scheduled My Recordings list to be recorded on this Saturday coming up. I looked through My Recordings and it lists the old Skipped episodes throughout the week but stops listing Dr Who from Thursday afternoon & going forward. IOW for about the last half of the week it stops listing episodes which should be Skipped, even though old episodes do appear in the guide. And it does not list Saturday's new episode. My Recordings does not show any mention of Dr Who for the last part of the week. Yet My Recordings does list skipped episodes for other programs throughout the whole week.

I deleted the timer & then set it up again for New episodes but it made no difference. It just ignores any mention of the program for the last half of the week. I finally changed the Timer to a one-time recording for Saturday.

Any idea why the program is missing from My Recordings on several days?

If you go forward in the guide to that date and time you're looking for, is the show listed? It's possible that the guide doesn't have the information, so it wouldn't show up with a timer. If it is, can you try setting up the timer on the episode you want and see if anything changes?

Maybe the timer has displayed it's maximum number of events and it needs to get closer to Saturday before more shows are displayed. There are a boatload of Dr Who episodes between now and then.

Reactions: dare2be
I had the same problem trying to set a timer for Dr. Who last Saturday on my Hopper. You can set a one time timer ,but if you try to set a series timer for NEW episodes only, it doesn't set one at all. After trying 6 times, I ended up setting a weekly timer instead. For some reason there is a bug in the software that is causing this. I haven't used BBC America since last year for Dr. Who at Christmas. It worked fine last year ,but that was before the May software that Fracked all ota sub channel name based recording.

** I just tested it again and tried to edit the timer for NEW episodes only and there is no episodes to be recorded . So back to Weekly again.

Maybe the timer has displayed it's maximum number of events and it needs to get closer to Saturday before more shows are displayed. There are a boatload of Dr Who episodes between now and then.

This is exactly it, I've seen it happen before.

Mind you, this doesn't explain why Dish has such limits. Wouldn't a decent programmer store events in a linked list instead of a fixed-size array? (If the answer is "what if we run out of memory?", then the management of the programming staff needs to tell the management of the hardware engineering staff to quit being so cheap!)

If you are using a Hopper, was the episode on a sub-channel of your PBS station other than the -1? If so, that's the problem. It's a known problem.

I have a 722K DVR. Dr Who is on BBCA.

The guide lists Dr Who episodes for everyday this week.

The first part up of the week up to & including Thursday morning the EPG displays a Red X on all the old episodes.

From Thursday afternoon going forward the guide still lists the old episodes plus the new episode on Saturday. But the old ones are not marked to skip & the new one is not marked to record. It's as if no timer is set for Dr Who.

Dr Who was listed as #7 in the priority rank. Yet there is a newer program listed as #21 in priority and it lists a bunch of skipped episodes for Monday (yesterday) and Thursday & Friday & Saturday. Why would the much newer timer show everything properly yet Dr Who gets bumped off the list? If there was only so much room to store the data I would think Dr Who would have taken priority.

Ok, I reset my timer to new and it shows skipped episodes till Friday. I am hoping that by tomorrow the timer will show episodes for Saturday and a new one . I'll check again tomorrow and see if it shows yet.

I've been saying this all along. In addition to the total 576 event limit, there appears to be a software-imposed limit of events per timer (somewhere in the range of 30-50, which includes future skipped events). I see this all the time on my Dish Pass (Seek and Record) timers. Some of the more active timers only go out a few days or fewer if the event list for that timer fills up fast. Rest assured that the list will "roll" into the future as past events drop off the list.

For a good example of this, try setting a timer for Forensic Files and see how far into the future it goes and how many events are listed.

Well I checked the timer again today on Wednesday and it still doesn't show any Dr. Who recording for Saturday , nor does it even show a Dr. Who episode for around 7:15 pm that is skipped. The Dr. Who pre show and the After show that I set one time timers for show in the list but the new episode for Dr. Who is a no show still. If no change by Friday , I am going back to weekly timer.

It shows Friday's Dr. Who episodes today, which didn't show up yesterday. I'm giving it another day or two for the Saturday episodes to show up.

I just changed Dr Who to record New episodes & a bunch of skipped ones were listed in the Daily Schedule plus the new one on Saturday. I counted them & the new one on Saturday was #50. I then looked at the guide & there were 7 old episodes on Saturday immediately prior to the new one that were not marked Skipped. I went back & looked at the Daily Schedule & it too did not list these 7 old episodes. IOW 7 episodes leading up to the new one are not marked Skipped, yet the new episode is marked to record.

Anyway it appears everything is good to go. But it is weird about the "ignored" 7 episodes.

UPDATE -
I just checked the Daily Schedule & Dr Who is no longer listed to be recorded on Saturday. There are 43 skipped episodes, then 6 more old episodes not marked skipped, then the new episode not marked to record.

The only thing I can think of that happened earlier is that when I edited & changed the Timer from a one time record event on Saturday to New episodes is that the one tine recording did not immediately get cleared out of the system. I'll keep checking to make sure it gets recorded.

UPDATE-
I just checked my timers and it shows a new episode for Friday night: Dr. Who- Earth Conquest and for Saturday night: Season 8 Ep1. So I guess y'all were right. All is good now.:bigok

UPDATE-
I just checked my timers and it shows a new episode for Friday night: Dr. Who- Earth Conquest and for Saturday night: Season 8 Ep1. So I guess y'all were right. All is good now.:bigok

Of course we were. :)

My episodes look right today too.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
UPDATE-

Thanks for mentioning the Dr. Who- Earth Conquest on Friday because my DVR did not pick it up, but it does have Saturday's set to record.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)