Schlage Link Door Locks

Sorry I have not, but for me I do not want any lock that has a way to be hacked by a computer or something that has wireless stuff. Seems to me it would be easier to figure out and hack than a good regular lock. Maybe I am wrong but it just seems that way to me.

If someone wants into your home, they are getting in. Get an alarm to ensure that once someone is in they belong there.

If someone in your household keeps forgetting their keys then this may be helpful or if you want to be able to let people in when you are not there but don't want to give them a key. My sister went on a trip and lent my brother the key to her place. He made three copies of the key and gave two of the keys to other people. Luckily they are all honest people but I still don't know what he was thinking.

How much are these Link locks?

I have electronic locks on my house and would upgrade to these locks if the service wasnt $12.99 a month service fee.

If it was $5 a month I would consider it.

plus a monthly fee....

I already have an alarm system for the house and just recently had new deadbolts professionally installed. (Residential) That was expensive enough. I couldn't see the extra expenditure on a system I would rarely benefit from.

Can't imagine this lock being worth anything if it has a standard pickable key access.

I use Medeco locks, almost unpickable, and cannot be duplicated except where you bought it (with strict controls). Ridges are cut at angles. Failing to pick my locks might encourage intruders to seek a softer target. I also put them in because a good friend of mine was very, very good at picking locks. Engineer. Sadly, he has passed, far too early.

From their site:

• Every 13 seconds a home is burglarized;

• In more than 50 percent of all residential burglaries, entry is gained through a door;

• More than 85 percent of break-ins are committed by non-professional burglars, who are usually desperate and dangerous individuals;

• Fifty percent of all burglaries occur during the day.

Can't imagine this lock being worth anything if it has a standard pickable key access.

I use Medeco locks, almost unpickable, and cannot be duplicated except where you bought it (with strict controls). Ridges are cut at angles. Failing to pick my locks might encourage intruders to seek a softer target. I also put them in because a good friend of mine was very, very good at picking locks. Engineer. Sadly, he has passed, far too early.

From their site:

• Every 13 seconds a home is burglarized;

• In more than 50 percent of all residential burglaries, entry is gained through a door;

• More than 85 percent of break-ins are committed by non-professional burglars, who are usually desperate and dangerous individuals;

• Fifty percent of all burglaries occur during the day.

In my 30+ year career in law enforcement I had only 1 case where a building was burglarized by picking a lock. He was a state government employee who picked a lock on a state building and stole a bunch of plumbing supplies. He was employed as a locksmith. Forced entry is most common.

I have medeco locks, the advantage of them is that you can give a key to someone and know that when they give it back, a copy has not been made. They also have a nice strike plate steel enclosure with long screws to make it really hard to kick in the door.

Of course if the door kicking does not work there is always a convenient window to attack... 3M film will deter that, but then again if they really want in they will find a way.

I use factory keys. The blanks are not available to locksmiths, I have a special card that has to be imprinted at a medeco dealer and sent to the factory to order keys. I have master and submaster keys. I have 4 keys for the house, so I can give out keys to just certain sections (guest house, main house, office, etc). I know it is overkill for most applications, but I have a house that needs it.

Then again I also have an alarm as backup... (and yes it has wireless backup to the phone line which does not have local access like new houses have where you can walk around to the side of the house and unplug the phone line in the network interface box).

The only realistic goal of home security is that your house is too much effort to get into, it would be much better to hit the house down the street that is an easy mark.

I have put in this system all Zwave light switches and electric plugs and I love it. Yea $14 bucks a month is abit much, Schlage charges tax on there monthly service. But I can see everything my house does from the thermostat to all my lights and I can dim them. Also my all in 1 remote can control all my lighting and thermo and door. SO far after 2 months I have not had any issues at all. I am going to look into homesheer thou so I would not have a monthly bill.

Sorry I have not, but for me I do not want any lock that has a way to be hacked by a computer or something that has wireless stuff. Seems to me it would be easier to figure out and hack than a good regular lock. Maybe I am wrong but it just seems that way to me.

I agree with ramy. I don't want my door locks to be hacked by a computer hacker, or hacked with wireless stuff either.

Like someone else said - If someone wants to get in your house they'll find a way, but if the guy next door has a back door that doesn't have a light over it and it can be pushed or kicked in with one try they'll probably break in his place instead.

oooook this hack crap is nonesense, If your soo scrared of bein hacked you would make sure ur not and fix the issue. Also if someone saw this lock on ur house there is a 50 50 chance it is the schlage ilink lock. It looks just like the lock that is without the ilink. Plus if you have this why would you not have an alarm? If your soo worried about bein robbed buy an alarm system and video cameras. I have cameras on my place and alarm. I have fail safe features too on all my equipment. I am also thinkin of building a PANIC ROOM too. I really enjoy this lock lot for extra things it can do. I can leave the house without keys and get back in with no keys I get a text everytime someone is at the door in and out, also if someone trys to HACK ur system it locks the feature an u can only get into the house with a key & it resets it self AFTER about 5min you can try ur code again. BUT 5min for a guy to sit and keep tryin to hack ur lock would look too suspicous soo no person wants to sit and keep tryin to hack ur lock. most thieves want a quick in and out type so they will break somethin instead of sittin tryin to figure out how to hack ur lock.

oooook this hack crap is nonesense, If your soo scrared of bein hacked you would make sure ur not and fix the issue. Also if someone saw this lock on ur house there is a 50 50 chance it is the schlage ilink lock. It looks just like the lock that is without the ilink. Plus if you have this why would you not have an alarm? If your soo worried about bein robbed buy an alarm system and video cameras. I have cameras on my place and alarm. I have fail safe features too on all my equipment. I am also thinkin of building a PANIC ROOM too. I really enjoy this lock lot for extra things it can do. I can leave the house without keys and get back in with no keys I get a text everytime someone is at the door in and out, also if someone trys to HACK ur system it locks the feature an u can only get into the house with a key & it resets it self AFTER about 5min you can try ur code again. BUT 5min for a guy to sit and keep tryin to hack ur lock would look too suspicous soo no person wants to sit and keep tryin to hack ur lock. most thieves want a quick in and out type so they will break somethin instead of sittin tryin to figure out how to hack ur lock.

ur spellin makin this look sooooo funnnnny:D

I don't think that this lock would have helped me today. My house was broken into today. The door that was broken into had an electronic lock on it.

They broke in by throwing a huge rock through the window above the lock then reached in and unlocked the door.

Headed to get wood to cover the broken window now.

Luckily not much was taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)