SCI/FI HD and USA HD Delayed till team summit?? (NOT CONFIRMED)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
I really cant believe that chuck would delay these 2 channels till team summit time. But it would not suprise me if he did. I heard this from an independent retailer:eek:

Honestly, the stupidity cant be topped at this point. WHATEVER Dish is planning they need to get it out their asap or they'll sub rate will continue in the toilet.

If they have a lackluster TS, then I wont get my hopes up.

Regardless of what us forum people know compared to the real world, the news travels and is going to hurt them. Even if people dont browse this forum, they can easily see from other sites like engadget and even the providers own website that the channels are lacking and that AMC too a dump.

We recently saw that the net has a bigger influence than some give it credit for in the BD vs HDDVD battle.

I do not believe this information to be true. From what I was told they didn't launch last week do to a technical problem.

I do not believe this information to be true. From what I was told they didn't launch last week do to a technical problem.
What was the technical problem? Last minute penny pinching!:) I could see a technical problem if these channels were on a brand new never before used satellite, But to launch 2 channels to excisting satellites! Com'on if its this hard to launch 2 channels, whats going to happen when the others are launched.:rolleyes:

Funny that dish would do that.....would be very interesting. It's obvious the channels are there but they are refusing to provide subs access. Weird they would do this when DTV is running ahead.

In order to prevent people from freaking out, I have appended the words "NOT CONFIRMED" to this thread title.

I should know more tonight or tomorrow. But even if I find out they are coming this week I am not making a big deal out of it. :)

I have given up holding my breath for SciFi HD. When it comes, it comes. In anticipation I have changed all my timers for programs on SciFi to Dish Pass. That way when HD finally goes live all my shows will record in HD.

When is Team Summit? Just in case this is true I would like to know how much longer we need to wait for more HD, because if they are not going to turn on SCiFi and USA until Team Summit I assume they won't add any new HD until then, so when Team Summit be, and please no one reply with Soon!!!

When is Team Summit? Just in case this is true I would like to know how much longer we need to wait for more HD, because if they are not going to turn on SCiFi and USA until Team Summit I assume they won't add any new HD until then, so when Team Summit be, and please no one reply with Soon!!!
From the Front Page:
...This years event will take place at the 2008 Dish Network Team Summit Event in Nashville, TN!

This event will take place on Saturday May 17th, 2008 at the Opryland Resort in Nashville, TN....

Yeah that sounds more like it and I noticed last night on Sci-Fi Channel I was watching BSG due to I missed it on Friday. I noticed some sound issues on the channels for a little bit but it cleared up.

Made a couple of calls. One person is a Dish dealer who says that dealers don't know anything ahead of what's actually released. Couple of others are loosely in the programming business.

The consensus is:

The ORIGINAL plan was to have 10 HD stations launched by May 1, and another 5-10 launched by July 1. That appears to be out the window for various reasons.

Now the feeling is that with the AMC debacle, inevitable delay of Ciel and no programming from e11 until August (when and if it flies), that the marketing types at Dish are leaning away from the "Gradual addition" of HD to more of a "Big Bang".

That "Big Bang" would be about May 14 or May 21. By then they would be done with most of the LIL rollout. But it might not be until June 4.

Then they would have something to crow about. However, that would represent all of the HD they could add until August or September.

Yes a "Technical Problem".....right

yeah the technical problem is they are trying to get more subs to switch providers.. :)
If the information reported was correct, the channels were actually just uplinked with content on 4/07/08. So why can't you believe that there were technical problems with the uplinks? Could you "see" the actual uplinks and examine the content?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts