SCIFI and USA HD Live!

Not to sound disappointed and get rocks thrown at me, butttttttttttttt. I started watching BSG last night (Didn't finish it cause have to start from the beginning of the year still) but the HD PQ did not look that good for the show. The commercials seemed to look better then the show it self. Not as crisp as other shows in HD. Did anyone else feel this way or was everyone just drooling that is was finally in HD.

Not to sound disappointed and get rocks thrown at me, butttttttttttttt. I started watching BSG last night (Didn't finish it cause have to start from the beginning of the year still) but the HD PQ did not look that good for the show. The commercials seemed to look better then the show it self. Not as crisp as other shows in HD. Did anyone else feel this way or was everyone just drooling that is was finally in HD.
BSG has always had a grainy, muted look. That's the way it's produced.

Hey, good news! I have direc and BSG looks awesome...I also have dish 622 ( my workhorse)
ill let you know how the picture is..ill compare the two.

Nice to see dish FINALLY adding Sci Fi-Its about time.

Did you guys notice when BSG was on last night that the channel logo changed from SciFi to
SciFi hd

Yes, the logo will keep changing. NBCU does this on all its channels. It lets you know that this show is in HD. At this time, NBCU does not stretch their shows. Some L&O shows were filmed in SD and newer are HD. You see one show in SD on the HD channel then newer L&O is in HD.

nterestingly enough, I have the DishHD package, and I have access to USA HD and SciFi HD but not the SD versions of those channels...
I found this interesting too. I have the dishHD (only) package and get all of the SD versions of HD channels except for SciFi HD and USA HD.

Hopefully this is just a glitch since Dish made these two available so late in the week.

FWIW I only have one TV period. And it is HD. But sometimes I'd rather watch the SD channel when the HD channel has the same SD content stretched to fill an HD screen.

Talon Dancer

got interview magazine this week and it has the three main BSG chicks in bikinis :)

put a new outlook when watching the show in HD , lol

BSG has always had a grainy, muted look. That's the way it's produced.

I know everyone likes different things. Some even like "reality" shows ; but I really don't have much enthusiasm for BSG. I've tried to watch BSG in SD and now in HD. Shows like Star Treck seemed to be upbeat. BSG seems dreary, depressing, and frankly to me boring. But to each their own.:confused:

I just switched to cable internet from dsl and AMC HD is surprisingly one of the channels in the clear when I scanned to see if I could get anything. It looked very good other than the bug on the screen all the time and the occasional commercial, no stretchovision.

Edit that. I just turned it on and they are zooming in on some interview with Charlize Theron.

Last edited:
I agree I haven't watched AMC until last night since they made the switch in their programming format a couple of years ago. I watch a lot of TCM and FMC because of the no commercials and the older movies you don't see anywhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)