ScoBuck, Scott: Any Word on More HD Additions Tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
It has been rather quiet lately regarding HD additions on Directv ever since I signed up with them. Perhaps I am a jinx! Anyway, I was wondering if we should expect any new HD tomorrow, and if so, what? What seems to be the plan for the remainder of the year? Anymore HD movie channels coming?

No MSG HD!!!
It was great watching my Rangers on VS HD last night. Switching over from CV and having to watch them on SD has been torture, but it's worth not being a CV customer, trust me...
I'll keep praying to the Gods.......

I have been leery to accept all that I have heard in the past couple of weeks - and I have not been able to get confirmations on the things I have heard, so I don't have any 'hot' type of news as of now.

I do think we will see additions of some sort almost every week, but I wouldn't expect any single 'large' amount of additions on a single day for now.

I have been leery to accept all that I have heard in the past couple of weeks - and I have not been able to get confirmations on the things I have heard, so I don't have any 'hot' type of news as of now.

I do think we will see additions of some sort almost every week, but I wouldn't expect any single 'large' amount of additions on a single day for now.

I wouldn't expect "large" additions either since there simply isn't much left out there to add. I think most os us here would LOVE to see the NY RSN's go HD and on Conus. I would personally love to see more HD movie channels.

What kinds of things have you been hearing? What direction are they going in? I don't think we need 100% solid info.

I wouldn't expect "large" additions either since there simply isn't much left out there to add. I think most os us here would LOVE to see the NY RSN's go HD and on Conus. I would personally love to see more HD movie channels.

What kinds of things have you been hearing? What direction are they going in? I don't think we need 100% solid info.

There will be some more HBO channels coming, some more new nationals will be lit.

Any word, rumors, smoke signals, feelings on what's going on with MSG HD and FSN NY HD?

Contractual issues? Technical issues? Hurt Feelings?

Someone throw us a bone!

Not until next year on the HBO channels.

Scott - I'm getting my info on the launching of the additional HBO/Cinemax HD channels THIS year from the original joint press release that was put out and which is on the DirecTV website:

DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release

It says:
"In addition to the HBO (East) HD channel it currently offers, DIRECTV will launch the following HBO/Cinemax channels in full-time HD: HBO West, HBO2 West, HBO2 East, HBO Family East, HBO Family West, HBO Latino, HBO Signature, Cinemax East, Cinemax West and MoreMax. The channels will begin rolling out in September and continue to launch through the rest of the year. "

"The new HBO channels will be among the up to 100 national HD channels DIRECTV is planning to rollout by the end of 2007 following the launch of its D10 satellite in July. The new services will be available beginning in September and will continue to roll out through the end of the year."

Another report on this from Multichannel News:
All-HD for All HBO, Cinemax Feeds - 6/12/2007 4:43:00 PM - Multichannel News

Have you heard that there is a change to this?

I was flipping thru something on UHD and saw an add or something about Chiller HD. Any chance they are going to roll that out this year?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)