Scored a Direcway assembly - have a few questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
Hi. I been sifting through the threads on the direcway assembly and am a little confused about a couple of things. It is the 39x23 model and it had a rectangular lnbf assembly with a box on the bottom of the arm from the dish to the lnbf assembly. from what I have read it looks like I can bypass this since it is for internet Tx.

Next - the lnbf has 1 connector on it - will it do both H/V? Or will I have to find out by trying it somehow.

Also from what I have read it looks like it is a standard LO?

What is the spacing if I want to hook up more than 1 lnbf? what is the max number of lnbf's I can get away with on this assembly?

I am at 03054, will this be good enough for 123W?

Basically I am wondering if I am ready to hook this up and go or if I need to do some modifying of the lnbf. Looks like there is some condensation on the inside of the plastic cover to the lnbf - I would think this might be a problem...

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Hi. I been sifting through the threads on the direcway assembly and am a little confused about a couple of things. It is the 39x23 model and it had a rectangular lnbf assembly with a box on the bottom of the arm from the dish to the lnbf assembly. from what I have read it looks like I can bypass this since it is for internet Tx.
correct on all accounts.

Next - the lnbf has 1 connector on it - will it do both H/V? Or will I have to find out by trying it somehow.
it will do both polarities

Also from what I have read it looks like it is a standard LO?
correct
What is the spacing if I want to hook up more than 1 lnbf? what is the max number of lnbf's I can get away with on this assembly?
its tough for more than one KU but I use to have it aimed at G3 and 2 DBS LNB"s for 91 & 82 for my (at the time) ExpressVu subscripion

I am at 03054, will this be good enough for 123W?
should work

Basically I am wondering if I am ready to hook this up and go or if I need to do some modifying of the lnbf.
on the back of the LNB should be the coax plug. Hook the cable to that
Looks like there is some condensation on the inside of the plastic cover to the lnbf - I would think this might be a problem...

nah..should still be fine. Best thing to do is try it out :)

Here is the lnbf assembly. I am surprised that it shows the water drops... This is my first attempt at posting pics so if I did it wrong please remove and let me know the correct way...

I will add this to the project queue. I wanted to make sure I had everything I needed for this project before I started as to eliminate the 'lack of parts frustration' factor.

On a side not I am also assuming I can eliminate the Tx box on the arm to reduce weight?

Also, I am guessing I have to skew the whole assembly since it looks harder to skew just the lnbf in this application. The mount actually looks well engineered, I guess I will see how accurate it is.

I am on the fence about a receiver, I currently am running the traxis 3500/30" Winegard/Sg2100 and think I might set it up with this receiver and then hold out until something HD comes down in price. I was frustrated last night when I could hear hockey but couldn't watch it...

For those who care I will give an update to my progress as I work on this project - actually I am sure it will be more questions before anything else :)

Steve

Attachments

• lnbf.JPG
    lnbf.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 235
  • water.JPG
    water.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Here is the lnbf assembly. I am surprised that it shows the water drops... This is my first attempt at posting pics so if I did it wrong please remove and let me know the correct way...
looks good

On a side not I am also assuming I can eliminate the Tx box on the arm to reduce weight?
should be able to
For those who care I will give an update to my progress as I work on this project - actually I am sure it will be more questions before anything else :)

we have lots of threads with "progress" posts. Makes it fun to follow along :)

That little bit of moisture shouldnt hurt it. Maybve stick a blowdryer by it to dry it out :)

Here are a couple pictures of my old DirecPC dish (same size). 2nd PIC is a DBS LNB next to the rectangle one

Attachments

• IM000265.JPG
    IM000265.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IM000374.JPG
    IM000374.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 239
I think the moisture cover pops off, I forgot now how I did it but I remember mine having standing water in it, when it was decommissioned from internet use (and still on the roof) You can take the extra weight off the lnb arm easily enough.
I had mine on G10 for awhile, was damned tedious to aim it too, but it gets a pretty good signal if you skew it right. It'll work just fine for G10, but choosing between it and
most any ol primestar dish is a no-brainer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)