Scott, any news on Netflix search integration?

I used to have a tivo premiere.....and while checking out their latest model (Roamio)....I run across the new tivo "OnePass". This version of season pass will allow tivo owners to record all episodes of their favorite shows whether its on regular cable channels, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc. The OnePass will automatically stream episodes that cant be found on regular cable. No more logging into Netflix, checking out which episodes are available, logging out, then logging into Hulu, looking for episodes, logging out, logging into somewhere else and so on and so on. This search function is a real time saver. I know we currently only have Netflix available to us on the Hopper, but who knows what else may be coming..........and this would be a cool option to have.

That would be a nice feature. I mean, if Dish made the bold move to offer a Netflix app on its hardware, then search integration would be nice.

I doubt that they will be able to do Netflix integration. They still can't get their vod search function to work correctly.

. . . or have support for Joeys which they said was happening "in the coming months" . . . and they said this back in mid-December. I'd like to see whole-home Netflix before they start adding integration on searches, etc.

Both will be happening. ;)

Actually adding Netflix search support should not be too hard, I am sure that Netflix has a search API which can be easily implemented.

Reactions: thechaz05
On the Netflix home screen just push the up arrow and the search is there. I know you still have to switch from Dish to Netflix but the search works in there. I get in and out of the Netflix app to do a search in only a minute or 2.

Will it be able to tell if you actually have a Netflix account or will it show the results even if you don't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will it be able to tell if you actually have a Netflix account or will it show the results even if you don't?
Everything is in a database. Dish customers who don't have a Netflix account simply won't have access to that database and in turn, results can't appear.

I used to have a tivo premiere.....and while checking out their latest model (Roamio)....I run across the new tivo "OnePass". This version of season pass will allow tivo owners to record all episodes of their favorite shows whether its on regular cable channels, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc. The OnePass will automatically stream episodes that cant be found on regular cable. No more logging into Netflix, checking out which episodes are available, logging out, then logging into Hulu, looking for episodes, logging out, logging into somewhere else and so on and so on. This search function is a real time saver. I know we currently only have Netflix available to us on the Hopper, but who knows what else may be coming..........and this would be a cool option to have.

OnePass doesn't work quite that way. It will show that the show is available for streaming in the 'My Shows' listing, but they aren't recorded. If you select to play one of those it will run the app for that streaming service and start the show. Streaming shows never take space on the hard drive and are not recorded.

I'm guessing it will utilize the "remember me" feature of Netflix. If you're not subscribed or logged into Netflix, it will not have a option to search through. Just like shows now, you can run a search, and cannot find live programming from channels you do not sub to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)