Scott, is SG gave full monopoly for posting Dish SI tables to one person ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith P.

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I found any my post/thread related to analysis of the tables' changes become obscured or deleted.
Any attempt to do civil technical discussion turning into prescribing chill pills or personal vendetta.

I'd like to resolve the tension once and forever.

I found any my post/thread related to analysis of the tables' changes become obscured or deleted.
Any attempt to do civil technical discussion turning into prescribing chill pills or personal vendetta.

I'd like to resolve the tension once and forever.
Scott's on vacation... and will be back online in a week(other than spot checks) ...:)

Last edited:
It could but all my attempts include PM return nothing.
Scott Greczkowski has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

This should have been a PM, but since you decided to ask publicly, I will tell you my take.

The biggest problem is the thread titles you have used are confusing to the thousands of readers who come to see the automated read-out. On one occasion I renamed your thread to "SmithP's Uplink info" at the same time as another moderator removed the thread due to the confusion.

The second problem is that the last three times the SmithP uplink threads had information that was literally useless to the average reeder.

One week it had a list of changes such as:
23 locals
14 new channels
34 something or anothers.
Followed by a question to "us" asking where our uplink info was.

Another week it had some techie tables with info that even hackers on speed and Quaaludes would look at and go, "Huh?" There was nothing but hexadecimal gobbledygook with a thread title that drew people looking for the familiar weekly info. Essentially "false advertising" :)

And the last time it was some unintelligible information that I was able to figure out finally after some effort.

My guess is you are welcome to post info as long as it doesn't confuse the AVERAGE reader looking to see what's new on the automated thread.

Does that make sense?

See ya
Tony

Yes. It make sense.

One thing what I don't get: a few Mods, each one have own taste/knowledge of reading presented information setting each time new rules. After posting. Plus deleting, moving, commenting by medical advises like last time. That's where I'm lost, I don't get the method of managing posts/threads.
Tell me also who is allowed to post new threads in Uplink forum ?
What exactly criteria of posting the info ? If you telling me same as the robotic type, then I'm not allowed to do anything - everything is posted that way what understandable by JSP. What about more educated ppl who are curios little far then the autoposts ?

EDIT: Tony, could you please provide URLs; I'm lost in your interpretations. :)

Last edited:
from what I've always understood the only two that could were the digital uplink (aka digiblur) and JohnH
But John hasnt done one in a month and looks like it was sparingly anyways

BTW. As you saw I did a few threads there before latest incident.

since you like to edit your posts after people respond to them :rolleyes:

the threads that you posted (that are in there) are X amount of channels switched to N3 which I guess most folks wouldnt really care about them because they already should have their purple card by now :)

The only ones who might wonder were the hackers....who are all grumbly right now :D

I think I can safely say that no one should open a new thread on the uplink forum other than DigiBlur (the robot) or, when there's a problem with the robot, JohnH. This is not because their reports are "sanctioned", "licensed", "approved", "bona fide", or "monopolized"; but because in John's case, he has been providing the information any subscriber would care about in an easy to read format longer than this board has been in existence. And in part his list is the schematic for the "TheList" Digi put together. In other words, the format and information from John is similar to digi's, easy to read, and does not contain information which is only of use to hackers and thieves!

I get all sorts of uplink data that I do not reveal because it is irrelevant to honest subscribers! (and because I can't make heads or tails of it :))

See ya
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)