Scott it is April 30th, where is Dish's major HD?

It is not Scott's fault there are not more national HD channels on Dish. To paraphrase the Red Sox - Manny saying; " That's Dish being Dish."

What I wonder is when Scott's contacts at Dish tell him there will be a lot more HD in April; does he ask for clarification? Such as - Do you mean local HD? National HD? How many national HD channels? Do you mean ESPN News Hd? WGN HD? etc.

I do like reading Scott's reports on what he hears from his Dish contacts. If I didn't I wouldn't check out this site so often.

+1:up

i still don't see what scott has done wrong. enough with the bashing! if you don't like what the man posts don't read it! i personally have always been very impressed with his reports and info. you don't like it? get the hheeelllll out of here. :eek:

I don't think anyone is bashing me. :)

I got a thick skin. :D

I can't wait to our SatelliteGuys Meet and Greet in Nashville in a few weeks, I am going to be able to share some great stories what I haven't been able to post here. That will give you guys some great insight to how it all works. :D

I am getting sick and tired of the ill comments on this site towards Scott. Scott has gone above and beyond for all of us and continues to provide the latest and greatest information. The fact that once again he shared what "he heard" is no reason for him to be blamed for Dish's shortcomings. Anyway's, wake up people . . . if Dish added every channel tomorrow that is available in HD, that does not guarantee HD programming! Dish's new ad campaign should challenge Direct to answer how much HD programming they actually have, not how many HD channels!

I am getting sick and tired of the ill comments on this site towards Scott. Scott has gone above and beyond for all of us and continues to provide the latest and greatest information. The fact that once again he shared what "he heard" is no reason for him to be blamed for Dish's shortcomings. Anyway's, wake up people . . . if Dish added every channel tomorrow that is available in HD, that does not guarantee HD programming! Dish's new ad campaign should challenge Direct to answer how much HD programming they actually have, not how many HD channels!

One thing that Scott prides his site on is allowing people to post their thoughs, ideas and feelings on satellite business. People are just saying what they feel, maybe if Scott wasn't hyping about tons of HD coming or you'll be happy by the end of April there wouldn't been all those posts, but he raised folks expectations and they're feeling let down.

As for your comment about actual HD content on HD channels, in a perfect world every HD channel would be 24x7x365, but it's not a perfect world. Remember when color TV first started, not every show was in color, it look a number of years for color to be the norm. How about MTS audio, again not all shows were in stereo right from the beginning, it took a number of years for the majority to be in stereo. But if we follow what you, Scott and others say D*, E* or cable shouldn't even bother carrying a HD version of a channel until the majority of their programming is in HD. Sorry but that's pure garbage IMHO. If I watch one of my favorite programs and it says available in HD, but I can't watch it in HD I'll be looking for someone that carries that channel n HD. I don't care if it's the only HD program they show everyweek, it's a program I want to see and the provider that carries that channel gets my business.

Scott, I think you have defended your position more than you needed to. If people aren't happy with your response then further clarification will not change what they think. Keep the information coming.

Understandable, but I still think they should point the finger elsewhere because the rumors or expectations for more HD did not start with him :)

I hope you are not including my question to Scott as an example of what you are referring to.

In case it was not clear, I was asking if what transpired this month is what Scott expected to happen, knowing what he knew from the sources he got it from.

I don't blame Scott for E* actions. The disappointment I feel almost every Wednesday is not a reflection on Scott but lies squarely on E*.

I personally would rather hear the rumors than not.

When a rumor turns out to be less than accurate I would love to hear an explanation provided by the original source but I know Scott is in a unique position

He can't shake the tree too hard or risk pissing off his sources, lest they dry up and stop feeding him info.

Anyone that blames Scott for what E* does is a silly goose. :D

I started this thread as a jest on the subject. It was not an attack on Scott or meant to offend him. I like Scott and appreciate what he does. It might have been meant to offend his many defenders, which it obviously did!

Don't take life so seriously, it is just TV.

The thing is that in about two years from today
just about every channel will be in HD and on both
Directv and Dish, we only have about two years left of
complaining because in two years time every channel
should be in HD on both Directv and Dish.

I can't wait to our SatelliteGuys Meet and Greet in Nashville in a few weeks, I am going to be able to share some great stories what I haven't been able to post here. That will give you guys some great insight to how it all works. :D

Scott, keep the information coming. You have a passion for this stuff and it shows. :)

By Friday Dish will have added from April to May 2 4 and maybe 5 new HD Channels. I suspect that in June will three new HD channels every week than we have to find something else to grip about. I love my whine I know we can whine about not having the Playboy Channel in HD(yeah thats the ticket even thou I would never pay for the playboy channel)

Is there any way for those of us who can't make to here these stories?

A rumor is nothing more than a rumor. No one, including Scott should post a rumor. All it does is get your hopes up and then let you down in the end. Why don't we just post facts and forget the rumors?

I keep picturing the horse drawn cart.. With the Driver holding a long pole with an apple attached just inches in front of the horse.. And the horse pulling the cart trying to get to the apple.. The apple always stays just inches from the horse, but he keeps moving forward..

Or in other words.. IF Dish keeps telling you that there is NEW HD coming tomorrow, you are still here waiting and not in the lost customer column for Dish yet..

That's what I'm thinking. I know it's not Scott's fault. In the past the information he got was very good and almost always 100% accurate. Suddenly, the information he's getting is just completely wrong. This whole idea now of "a lot of HD channels = we've added a bunch of local HD" was what we meant just doesn't hold water with me. We were specifically led to believe that many national HD channels were going to be added by May 1st. It's getting frustrating and becoming more so because it's apparent that Dish contacts for Scott are deliberately trying to mislead him or deceive him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)