Scott, Wildblue & the 622

farmsatguy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2004
Middle of No Where!
Hey Scott,

Couple questions regarding the new bells & whistles we're getting...

1) Where I live, my ONLY option for high speed internet is Wildblue, which I've had since first available here (since I'm an installer). I've got the top plan plan offered but I'm concerned about the FAP (Fair Access Policy). Will the 622 (and the 722 later) rely heavily on the internet possibly causing the FAP to kick in? Since Dish worls with WB, will there be some kind of "agreement" allowing us to not get burned with our speed being cut to almost nothing until the next billing cycle? Or is it too soon to either ask or worry about it?

2) If someone has 2 622's in the home with an external hard drive connected to one of them, will they both be able to access the recordings on the drive? Or do you think only the unit with the drive connected will see/work with it? It doesn't really matter if both could record to the external unit; it would just be cool if they could just play from it.

Thanks in advance for any answers (or thoughts) you have...I'm mostly worried about the FAP situation...I don't want to be reduced to the speed of a dial up modem if a lot of downloading is going on that I won't even care about. I can see A LOT of benefits from this, but if the FAP kicks in, that's too great a negative to wire my receivers into my home network. The external drive being visible to both receivers would just be a nice bonus if given that ability... but that's all too me, just a bonus.

Regards,
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts