Scott's Crystal Ball Prdictions (A PLEA TO DISH NETWORK)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
normang said:
Now Scott posts an email, still with few details and little information.. And if I had time to go through this thread and highlight all the speculation, I would take more time than I wish to ever spend on such a thing..

I didnt ask for speculation, I asked for misinformation. There is a difference. I can speculate that Dish will launch the new channels in Mpeg24 mode and require a $600 up front payment. That is totally different than me saying "HEY DISH TOLD ME THE NEW CHANNELS WILL BE IN MPEG24".

So, once again, please show me where the misinformation is.

Thus far I have stayed away from switching off cable due to the poor planning and management at both D* and E*. I want quality PQ, so D* is out of the question. E* with their Voom crap and now this MPEG-4 crap is keeping me from switching. As someone who would be considered a high-end client, they sure don't seem to want to bring me in...

on a side note, I love what you do on this site, Scott. I used to watch the forums over at DBStalk but have since abandoned them due to their heavy-handed approach to "moderation". Keep up the good work, Scott.

DWS, it should be noted that the new channels are still (at this time) MPEG2 but again have headers (sorry P Smith I forgot the technical term) so only MPEG4 receivers can tune in to these channels.

Will that change tommorow? I don't know. Guess we will find out then.

normang said:
I really wish that the rumor mongering would stop.. Scott, you post all this stuff claiming Dish Sources, but then act like its not the case or hope its not true. So which is it?? (I also wish you'd learn to type or spell its predictions, not "Prdictions"

I think it would be far better to actually see how things go, and stop all the useless speculation.

Hmmmm. The theme of this thread is, "A Plea to Dish Network". He is asking for E*'s help with the MPEG-4 transition. The "prediction" is that *customers* will be upset because they won't be able to get MPEG-4 hardware fast enough. The only thing that you would call rumor mongoring is that the supply of 622s is said to be only token in shipment.

I also agree, you do sound just like JL. You can have your opinions and you are free to voice them, but you are no moderator or anything here and you can't tell us what to do.

Be mindful that if you take jabs at others spelling, you put yourself in a glass house. Who in their life hasn't made a typing mistake?? Mark, along with a lot of others are competent when it comes to constructing a sentence, and none of us are immune to the occasional typo - including you!

goaliebob99 said:
We all do believe in the right to express your opinion here, but most of "speculation" as you call it does infact turn in to the truth and or was provided by creditable sources. We here cant help it that were so good at bringing information to you guys first. :D... maybe thats why our membership totals are double than over there. Any information that we do hand out here is not confidential.. It is public information. :)

I don't look at everything in terms of competition with another web site.. just because you have higher membership numbers does not always mean better, it may just mean more stuff to wade through to find anything useful..

However, based on your post and many of Scott's, thats what its all about.

have a nice day....

Scott Greczkowski said:
DWS, it should be noted that the new channels are still (at this time) MPEG2 but again have headers (sorry P Smith I forgot the technical term) so only MPEG4 receivers can tune in to these channels.

Will that change tommorow? I don't know. Guess we will find out then.

Channel Descriptor, and channel type :)

Heres a good example from TP15 61.5:
Service: 9478 (ULTRA) user defined (0x91)
Service: 9485 (GAMEP) user defined (0xa6)
Service: 9486 (FAMLY) user defined (0xa6)

91 can be viewed on any HD receiver, A6 can only be viewed on a new receiver (211/222/622/411 thanks Kirby hehe).

Last edited:
normang said:
I don't look at everything in terms of competition with another web site.. just because you have higher membership numbers does not always mean better, it may just mean more stuff to wade through to find anything useful..

have a nice day....

My question is... why are you here? You are not a moderator, or a contributer from what I can tell in this thread. Go back over to your site, put out what you deem is "right", while Scott and the contributers here put out what they believe is "right".

Apparently you have some sort of envy to need to come to your competitors site and rip on their style of reporting here. Let it go, bud.

keep in mind that the other site is saying that there will be boutyfull 622's tommorow. I think they said 20,000 was the number but dont quote me on that one.. at the same time one hasnt been seen in a warehouse yet. just one of those things that make you go HUMMM...... I wouldnt expect to see 622's stacked up like that untill april.

jsanders said:
Hmmmm. The theme of this thread is, "A Plea to Dish Network". He is asking for E*'s help with the MPEG-4 transition. The "prediction" is that *customers* will be upset because they won't be able to get MPEG-4 hardware fast enough. The only thing that you would call rumor mongoring is that the supply of 622s is said to be only token in shipment.

I also agree, you do sound just like JL. You can have your opinions and you are free to voice them, but you are no moderator or anything here and you can't tell us what to do.

Be mindful that if you take jabs at others spelling, you put yourself in a glass house. Who in their life hasn't made a typing mistake?? Mark, along with a lot of others are competent when it comes to constructing a sentence, and none of us are immune to the occasional typo - including you!

I guess enough its enough... Don't know who JL is, don't care.. I can understand typoes, and I am sure I make my own, but I try to take care and correct my errors if I spot them.

Not sure I tried to tell anyone to do anything, the only thing I want to see is more facts.. and all of them, not a dribble.. Which is why waiting another day for perhaps more complete information would be better.. the whole thread could be called speculation based on the the word Predictions, with a few random facts tossed in.

I'm done...

Last edited:
mlb said:
My question is... why are you here? You are not a moderator, or a contributer from what I can tell in this thread. Go back over to your site, put out what you deem is "right", while Scott and the contributers here put out what they believe is "right".

Apparently you have some sort of envy to need to come to your competitors site and rip on their style of reporting here. Let it go, bud.

what competitor, I don't affiliate myself with any site... not sure where this stuff comes from...

Norman have you ever seen the movie Good Morning Vietnam?

I had a chance to catch it the other night on TNT HD.

If you will remember there is a scene where Robin Williams has to rip the news off the printer and bring it in to the censors before he could read the news on the air.

Well that is what happens at the other site and you get highly edited content.

Here at SatelliteGuys we report what we get and let YOU decide at whats best for you and your wallet. We believe that our members are smart enough to make their own decissions.

We are proud that we don't have to spoon feed you what we feel you should and shouldn't know. Again (and I hate to use this line again from Fox News) we report and you decide.

normang said:
the whole thread could be called speculation based on the the word Predictions, with a few random facts tossed in.

I'm done...

Crystal Ball Predictions sounds a lot like Scott is implying speculation. Why do you knock on him for speculating, when he says right out he is speculating.

If you want to wait for "Official" news, go to the Dish website in the morning.

RandallA said:
Hit the road Jack, don't you come back no more, no more, no more......

Thats up for him to decide, unlike the other site we don't ban folks because users don't agree with the staff.

I actually LIKE post like his because it lets me clear the air a bit. :)

Ok maybe I am wierd. :D

normang said:

have a nice day....

Actually you got that WRONG!

higher membership numbers do mean that this site is better as more people come here for there information. There is a reason for that. Its the fact that the information we provide here is usally 9/10 times proven fact and is also not moderated by a bunch of selfless people. You wont catch us deleting posts here other than hack talk posts and SPAM. 2ndly if we werent any better why would people visit here more? It doesnt make any sence. Nice try :)

goaliebob99 said:
keep in mind that the other site is saying that there will be boutyfull 622's tommorow. I think they said 20,000 was the number but dont quote me on that one.. at the same time one hasnt been seen in a warehouse yet. just one of those things that make you go HUMMM...... I wouldnt expect to see 622's stacked up like that untill april.

They're saying 10,000 in Feb and 40,000 in March. Isn't that pure speculation? Plus someone said there were only like 200 serial numbers in the stream.

Yes, I can tell by the way my opinion is being treated that this is the better place...

All I was saying more or less was to get all details... not just some of them.. and what do I get... flamed...

I guess we'll see who is right early in the morning. If 10,000 units are available, there shouldn't be anyone on Wed that cannot get one.

RandallA said:
They're saying 10,000 in Feb and 40,000 in March. Isn't that pure speculation? Plus someone said there were only like 200 serial numbers in the stream.

Yea 10000 for all of Feb. Could mean 9999 avail on Feb 28 :). Anyways.. Yes there are only a little over 300 serial numbers listed under the 622's beta firmware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)