Scott's Mini Hopper 3 Review

Damn! Had to quit watching it because it started buffering. Showing about a 3Mbps download speed. Dish must be getting slammed as my internet service is a solid 100Mbps plus. Oh well, it will be there for me to watch later.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I just found the 4K shelf this morning (Thanks to Scott), but haven't stopped to watch one yet. Noticed American Hustle was listed on mine...mmmm...Jennifer Lawrence in 4K sounds fun. :yes

Reactions: Tatertotmike
i have netflix on my 4k tv and their selection is limited i will be getting the new hopper 3 once my stepdad credit card goes through and get is situated.i will be contacting dirt i love coming to this website and i am learning new stuff everyday reading your guys posts alot thanks

i have netflix on my 4k tv and their selection is limited i will be getting the new hopper 3 once my stepdad credit card goes through and get is situated.i will be contacting dirt i love coming to this website and i am learning new stuff everyday reading your guys posts alot thanks
Quick question Allen, How old are you?
You say you are using your step dad's Credit card, are you under 18?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quick question Allen, How old are you?
You say you are using your step dad's Credit card, are you under 18?

i pay for the dish bill and i give them the money to put in their account we have to use my mom and my stepdads credit card because i do not want to get a credit card and get in to debt and ruin my credit i never had a credit card in my life and i am 40 years old and still in my parents house.i did the best to explain your question

Well I have credit cards and I'm certainly not in Credit Card debt.
But how does one build credit without Debt?
Or someone reporting made payments.

Only people on my Credit report is Chrysler Credit, Chase, Capital one, American express.

Certainly not Dish, but I'm sure if I owed them money I would see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Although I have some issues about coming back to Dish, reading the excitement here about people getting their H3s make it very tempting. I'll still try to wait it out but I hope Dish gives Scott & his team as much perks possible as this site is a valuable asset for them.

Great write up! How long did you have the Hopper 3 before launch?
Did you use your 40 remote to transfer the timers, etc to the 3. How many setting did it carry over - like WiFi settings, etc?
Again, nice write up. I haven't signed up yet but might do it in a week or two.

Is it possible to transfer timers from the Hopper 1 to Hopper 3 with the 40 remote? The message I got about upgrading to the Hopper 3 said I would lose all my timers and recordings but if there is a way to transfer that would be awesome.

No, the max "supported" size is 2 TB, however I know some that have larger drives on them that work... but that too much to take a chance on.

Yes you can hook two EHD's to one Hopper 3. :) (I haven't tried more than that)

If I transfer the current recordings on my Hopper 1 to an external hard drive, will the Hopper 3 be able to read them if I attach the external hard drive to it?

Seems to me dish should be expediting work on Sports Bar Mode. There's this Tournament in about six weeks time and seeing all four games at once probably is something a lot of college hoop fans might want to do. Just a thought.
Would be Dish's way of attracting sports fans away from DirectTV. I would market the heck out of it, especially with march madness 6 weeks away. It better be ready, I have already have been bragging to all my buddies and we will be watching on my 106 in projector. Of course, still can't get hopper 3 yet, hopefully that will change soon.

Reactions: DWS44