Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This morning I got to do something that not many people get to do is sit in on an edition of the nationally broadcast "Monsters in the Morning" radio show.

The Monsters broadcast from WTKS in Orlando, Florida and airs nationally on XM Channel 152 from 6am until 11am Monday through Friday.

I got an invitation from the shows executive producer Daniel Dennis to come out and spend the morning in the studio. We talked about a chance for me to go on the air and talk about the digital television transition however that did not happen, which is ok, because what I saw this morning was probably the best edition of the Monsters show in a long long time.

This mornings show was so funny that all of us in the studio had headaches and our jaws hurt by the time the show was done.

My son and I were greeted by "Drunkie The Bear" (Tom Vann) who took us directly into the studio where Daniel Dennis and the lovely Tiffany were waiting. I had never met Daniel, but walking into the studio we seemed to have a connection like we knew each other for ever. I was also very surprised by Tiffany, she was a little shorter then I imagined and a lot more beautiful then her photos (found online at http://monsters.fm) can be found. I always imagined her like 6 feet tall but she was shorter then me (and I am 5'8")

Both her and Daniel told us to make ourself at home and have a good time, and thats what we did.

We watched a few segments and then I went into the big room, there I was greeted by the shows host Dirty Jim, a very welcoming Jeff Howe, Bubba "Whoop Ass" Wilson.

I got to speak with the Whoop Ass for a few minutes about music. Bubba (real name Burt) is really a damn musical genius. He is know for his comedy songs, but Bubba also has a few serious songs which are out of this world, including my favorite song "Southern Girl." Bubba told me how he just finished a new album and it is all serious music, he is awfully proud of it. It is currently in printing and will be available soon. I am looking forward to hearing it.

After talking with everyone I got some pictures with everyone, we then went back in the control room and watched a few more segments and then headed back to the Hard Rock Hotel.

On the way back we listened to the rest of the show and were amazed at what we saw. Today I honestly think that the Monsters might just have the best jobs in the world.

My thanks to Daniel Dennis for the invite and to all the Monsters for making me feel at home and like part of the family. This visit to the Monsters might just be the highlight of my vacation!

Tomorrow morning we leave the Hard Rock Hotel and hear to the port and catch a 7 day cruise to the Caribbean. While I will have internet access don't expect me to be on much. :D

See you on July 6th!

Sounds like you had alota fun.

We did! I have been trying to upload the photos but the hotel is having internet issues.

Now we are sitting waiting for the Blue Man Group show to start

Here are some of the photos from today's visit to the Monsters!

Blue Man Group was GREAT! I was selected from the audience to throw chocolates into one of the Blue Man's mouth. I hit 2 out of 3. :)

What a great show (although a major waste of paper) :D

Attachments

• P6270015.JPG
    P6270015.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 272
  • P6270023.JPG
    P6270023.JPG
    406.5 KB · Views: 363
  • P6270024.JPG
    P6270024.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 253
  • P6270025.JPG
    P6270025.JPG
    483 KB · Views: 265
  • P6270027.JPG
    P6270027.JPG
    488.7 KB · Views: 255
  • P6270029.JPG
    P6270029.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 275
Thanks for the pics!

Here are some of the photos from today's visit to the Monsters!

Blue Man Group was GREAT! I was selected from the audience to throw chocolates into one of the Blue Man's mouth. I hit 2 out of 3. :)

What a great show (although a major waste of paper) :D

I saw the show in April when I took the family to Universal.... Great show. My kids favorite part was when they humiliated the folks for coming in late.....

The paper is all recycled I believe.....

Love BMG! Took the kids to see them at the Luxor in Vegas a couple of years back.

Should of told me you were coming I would of got ya VIP access around universal.

I had VIP access as we stayed at the Hard Rock. :D

We had a great time. Just got off the ship a few hours ago. Now waiting at the airport to head back home to Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)