Scott's Team Summit Blog

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I saw at another forum they have finally started talking about the new dishes but have been showing Diagrams of the dishes (and have been calling them picture) one of member posted links to our photos of the real dishes and one of the staff there jumped on him saying that registration was required to view our photos.

I am happy to report that all users cab now download attachments with no registration required.

Enjoy!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I saw at another forum they have finally started talking about the new dishes but have been showing Diagrams of the dishes (and have been calling them picture) one of member posted links to our photos of the real dishes and one of the staff there jumped on him saying that registration was required to view our photos.

I am happy to report that all users cab now download attachments with no registration required.

Enjoy!!!

Glad to see that there staying on top of things :D.... It just shows were 3-4 months ahead of the game :) Geesh.. you notice over there you need a membership to view there photo's too..

I probably missed a follow up on your excellent report, re Dish wanting to have all Mpeg2 receivers upgraded to Mpeg4 sets by the end of the year. I think you reported "like for like" trade ins. Any clarification of this? Thanks.

Most likely since I read that Dish wants all hd programming in mpeg4 by next summer. I only hope that they learn how to do mpeg 4 so it looks as good as the mpeg 2 version or we will all be screwed. Just look at the STarz hd channel and you will see what I mean. It truely is a waste of a good channel.

I can see Dish Network shutting off MPEG-2 HD programming sometime next year getting everyone that has not already swapped out their receiver the new MPEG-4 one so that they can continue to receive the existing HD programming that they get today and the additional programming in MPEG-4. That would be the first step in the switchover. Next they may go with those customers that have the movie packages. This could be the same as they did with the yellow card swapout. Switch out the fewest affected first which allows the prices on MPEG-4 hardware to drop even more as they do the swapouts.

I'm really wanting one of those new dishes and access to my Indy HD locals that are out there tempting me. I haven't really been watching any major networks since losing my distant HD New York feeds when dropping D*. At least we're in summer reruns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)