Scrapbooking and Satellite dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
My wife likes scrapbooking and recently got some software to venture into "digital scrapbooking". Long story short, she decided to experiment by designing a page for me. It wasn't a serious attempt, but for what it's worth, it may be the first scrapbook page of a BUD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 178
- I like it!

She has a good sense of humor! - :D

I particularly liked the screw heads in the corners, and the "WARNING". - :up

Jullius-

Your wife is pretty talented. My wife does that for a living and has been published in tons of magizines. She designs and promotes and works trade shows for many large Companies that produce products for scrapbooking.

Currently one of the Companies she works for is looking for a design team member, doesn't pay much but gets you started and your work published. If your wife is really good, then in time she gets noticed and pay offers for publication start rolling in. When my wife gets back from her current showing in Tulsa I will have her take a look at your wife's scrapbook page.

Believe me guys this takes a bit of work and talent to create a good scrapbook page. Even more when you embelish or try altered art projects. My wife is at it 16 hours out of each day. When she is not designing she has to write articals or is on the phone with major Company owners. Such as Tatered Angels, Crafty Secrets, Fancy Pants, Accu Cut and the like.

Jullius, ask your wife if she is familiar with these Companies. Or if she knows about my wifes blog "Vicki is the first name, last initial is C" won't say any more than that other than "This Art That Makes Me Happy". If she has been to published scrapbook bloggers than she has most likely visted my wifes blog. Or if she has ever googled "Toad Poop" she could have ended up at her blog. Strange that just one time my wife mentioned on her blog the size of toad poop we have out here in the country, and have gotten a million hits on her blog becuase of it. Why the hell would someone google toad poop????

Of course our toad poop is about the size of footballs!!! Damn big frogs!

OK Jullius-

Just noticed what you listed for a home town and gave my wife a quik call. My wife will be working for Tatered Angles at Mall of America in your home town on Sept 15th, 16th and 17th demoing their products. The Event is called Scrap Fest and open to the public, tell your wife she needs to go there on one of those days and visit the Tatered Angles booth. My wife Vicki is the red head so she will know who she is.

You need to go along with your wife to see what all the hipe with scrapbooking is all about. Went with my wife on several trips across country for scrapbook classes she teaches. Went into many hobby lobby stores as well.

Now you can tell your wife that visiting this forum has more merit than even she could have imagined.

If she does go and talks to my wife all she needs do is mention walrus said to come here and my will know all about it. She thinks my hobby is crazy and my username even weirder. But she allows me my play time.

Sorry had to edit, did not have my glasses on. Thought you listed your local as Minniapolas, but realized you just listed as Minnasota. Oh well no matter were you live in the state it should not be that big of a drive to Mall of America.

Jullious-

Just curious, what is your wife using for a camera and is there any special lenses for it?

Photography is a big part of scrapbooking even if you do the digital side of it. Lots of editing software. Our house is full with computers, cameras, light boxes, printers and scanners. One scanner can do up to 24 inch layouts. And of course high speed internet is a must. Every room and closet is full with fabric and paper. My wife gets paid two ways, one in cash and the other with free product. I bet we could open our own hobby store with all the product. Seriously some times she gets boxes of stamps, ink and paper that comes in a large UPS or FEDx van and I mean the van is full and all is dropped off at our house. Fills the garage fast!

For those who do not know, scrapbooking is a big business and the fad of the new age.

Seriously though Julliuos you need to encorouge your wife to keep it up. Who knows she could end up making mega bucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)